Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 28th May  (Read 2138 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 28th May
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 25 May 23 07:34 BST (UK) »
Thanks all, yes I can relax and put it behind me now; the meds are doing their work! :)
The bus journey was more amusing than hair raising.  The mentor, if this person was that wasn't saying anything - perhaps he was speechless! ;) ;D

Have a good day everyone - this is just quick as I will be starting a 12 hour shift soon; will be there soon.  It is sunny here but there is still a nip in the air
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 25 May 23 13:41 BST (UK) »
Sounds like that 'bus joiurney was shock therapy!
I'm finding that after a month or so wondering what I'm supposed to get from the plethora of tablets I now have to swallow each day, I am feeling a little bit more like "me". not sure if others would think that was a good thing or a bad one, but, RTL, in many ways we really do know our own bodies best, and when they're not being quite what they should be.
Belated happy birthday, Viktoria.
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 25 May 23 15:44 BST (UK) »
Many thanks TY, very kind to send a message .
Viktoria.

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 25 May 23 21:58 BST (UK) »
TY - Glad to hear you’re beginning to feel a bit more like you again.
North East of England

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 26 May 23 06:47 BST (UK) »
Threlfallyorky, I'm glad to hear that you are feeling more like your old self.  This must feel an uplifting sign that whatever you are taking is having a good effect. :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 27 May 23 08:16 BST (UK) »
Morning Folks
Everyone seems  quiet.

Not a lot going on here, took  the opportunity yesterday of going through  my bed linen drawer ,  surprising how much I had that I don't need, off to the charity shop, if I put " raggy bits " on the bag it goes to a rag man who collects it so they still reap money , need to do a lot more to get rid of other stuff.

Hope everyone is keeping well, looks as if we can look forward to some reasonable weather.

Take care

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 27 May 23 10:23 BST (UK) »
Was out at the pub last night so I think I need a quiet day! Weather forecast warm but cloudy so good gardening weather.

I'm currently reading a really good book, The Lighthouse Keeper's Daughter. It's a novel based around Grace Darling and her part in the rescue of survivors of a shipwreck off the coast of Northumberland in 1838. Other parts of it are set a hundred years later.

RTL, I think you might particularly enjoy it. I was a bit confused originally about the reference to the North Sunderland lifeboat as Sunderland is some distance away from the location but having looked it up I see it's at Seahouses. You probably knew that.  :)
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 28 May 23 07:39 BST (UK) »
Roobarb, I hope you enjoyed your night out at the pub and that you had some productive time in the garden.
I was at work all day yesterday but part of this was out and about and the weather was glorious - sunny and warm. :)

I have read this book before and did find it an enjoyable read.  I do know now about there being North Sunderland different to the Sunderland in South Tyneside but as I recall I only found out about the first one several years ago through a thread I came across on RootsChat. 

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 28 May 23 09:52 BST (UK) »
I did enjoy the night out thanks RTL, it was live music which I do like. Despite the forecast it was quite sunny until late yesterday afternoon, got some tidying up done in the garden, everything is growing like mad now.

I'm glad you liked the book.  :)
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales