Author Topic: London Merchant Shipping Records 1811-1830  (Read 433 times)

Offline AmandaP

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: London Merchant Shipping Records 1811-1830
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 31 May 23 07:30 BST (UK) »
⚠️ I appreciate that people are well meaning but I must stress that I am simply asking if people know of specific collections of records relating to London mariners. Please do not waste your time trying to do my research.

Online hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 31 May 23 09:48 BST (UK) »
As captain/master they can be tracked through the shipping reports of the period. What papers do you have access to (Trove apart)? Do you have access to The National Library of Australia - which has a range of English newspapers (Gales/The Times).

The National Archives has been mentioned and there are records on FindMyPast which reflect the NA (as mentioned pre 1835 a bit limited).

Are you familiar with Lloyds Register/Lists - again for master/captain only?.

I guess I should have been more specific in my original post.

Offline AmandaP

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 31 May 23 13:37 BST (UK) »
As captain/master they can be tracked through the shipping reports of the period. What papers do you have access to (Trove apart)? Do you have access to The National Library of Australia - which has a range of English newspapers (Gales/The Times).

The National Archives has been mentioned and there are records on FindMyPast which reflect the NA (as mentioned pre 1835 a bit limited).

Yes, I was being “polite”. My original post explicitly states what I am asking…

Online hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 31 May 23 18:35 BST (UK) »

Yes, I was being “polite”. My original post explicitly states what I am asking…
Strange - i thought I had cancelled my response - hence the response carries no message on my part.
i wasn't searching to provide you with info you already knew. As mentioned earlier I was looking for info to tease out any reference to your rellie outside his trips. Hence did not mention name tho' easily found from info posted. The 4 year gap twixt Trove 1810 and "apparent" appearance in London 1814/15 is intriguing.
Pl do not respond to this post.