Author Topic: Geoing round in circles  (Read 1098 times)

Online softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Geoing round in circles
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 03 December 23 18:43 GMT (UK) »
Well found Wilcoxon, she still used Rosanna in 1936/7 electoral registers

SS

added, freesearch 1921 census

T M   L      occupation painter

St Pancras, London, England
Norwood
Uxbridge
Middlesex

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 03 December 23 19:35 GMT (UK) »
Nice one. I have found.  I don't subscribe so can't see full details.
Florence Lillington b 1904  Camden . Living in St Pancras.
Also on record  Annie and Frank.
Looks like it could be them

1911 23 Wellington St, Camden Town
Thomas Michael Lillingston  41Head b St Pancras
Annie Lillingston 40 Wife b Woolwich Kent
Florence Lillian Lillingston 8 Daughter
Frank Charles Lillingston 5 son

Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline bbart

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 04 December 23 05:10 GMT (UK) »
Sorry this is a long read, but it will make Wilcoxon feel a whole lot more confident!
Names are as they appeared in print.  The only problem is figuring out if there is a new Mrs. Stevens to look for....

The obits of Rose/Hannah's parents:

The Derbyshire Advertiser and Ashbourne, Uttoxeter and North Staffordshire Journal.    21 May 1920

Funeral of Crimean Veteran in Derby
The remains of Pte. Frederick Mansfield, a Crimean veterans were laid to rest on Friday afternoon with full military honours.
(I have omitted all the part of the military procession, as it is a massive description, and jumping down to the family bits)

The chief mourners were: Mrs. Mansfield, Mr. F. Mansfield, Mr. G. Mansfield, Mrs. Lillingstone, Mrs. Sparkes, Mrs. Alton, Mrs. Stevens, Mrs. F. Mansfield, Mrs. G. Mansfield, Mrs. G. Sparkes, Mr. J. Alton, Mrs. Murray, Mr. T. Stevens, Mrs. Douglas, Miss L. Stevens, Mr. F. Sparkes, Mr. Fred Mansfield, Miss D. Stevens, Miss M. Alton, Miss F Mansfield, Mr. Murray, Mrs. W. Mansfield, Mrs. Chell, Miss Sparkes, Mrs. Sparkes, and Mr. Douglas.

Floral tributes were sent by Mrs. Mansfield, Mr. and Mrs. F. Mansfield and family,  Mr. and Mrs. G. Mansfield and family, Mr.s and Mrs Sparkes and family, Mr. and Mrs. Stevens and family, May and Jim, Annie and Robert, Doris and Louie, Mr. and Mirs. Lillingstone and family
(and many more from neighbours and military regiments which I have not included)
The coffin of English elm bore the inscription: "Frederick Mansfield, at rest May 10, 1920, aged 83 years."  The coffin was covered with the White Ensign.  At the close of the service at the graveside a firing party fired a last volley and buglers sounded the "Last post."
The funeral arrangements were carried out by the Derby and District Funeral Co. Ltd.

Derbyshire Advertiser and Journal  27 August 1926 (and other papers)

LOCAL FUNERALS

LATE MRS. D. MANSFIELD
The funeral of Mrs. D. Mansfield, widow of the late Frederick Mansfield (Crimean veteran), of 42, Wellington-street, Derby, took place on Wednesday, August 25th, at the Nottingham-road Cemetery.  The first part of the service was taken in St. Andrew's Church and impressively conducted by the Rev. J. Eastham, who also officiated at the graveside.
The mourners were Mr. F. Mansfield (son), Mrs. Sillington (daughter), Mr. S. Mansfield (son), Mrs. Alton (daughter), Mr. G Sparkes (sonin-law), Mrs. F. Mansfield (daughter-in-law), Mr. T. Stevens, (son-in-law), Mrs. S. Mansfield (daughter-in-law), Mr. J. Alton (son-in-law), Mrs. G. Mansfield (daughter-in-law).
Floral tributes were sent by Mr. and Mrs. Frederick Mansfield and family, Mr. and Mrs. Sillington and family, Mr. and Mrs. Samuel Mansfield, Mr. and Mrs. Sparkes and grandchildren, Mr. and Mrs. Alton and grandchildren, Mr. T. Stevens and family, St. Andrew's Women's Bible Class.
The coffin was of English Elm with brass appointment and nameplate.  inscribed: - - "Dorcas Mansfield, at rest August 21st, 1926, aged 79 years".
The funeral arrangements were in the hands of Messrs. Thos. Lloyd and Co., Ltd., under the direction of Mr. W. Harvey.

I hope this helps, although it does take some sorting out as to who everyone is!

Edit:  On the 1881 census, I see Rosannah had a younger sister, Hannah.   Could it be that there is a mix-up of the families between Rose and Hannah in that Anc tree?  (I think Hannah, not Rose, married Thomas Stevens?)

Online softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 04 December 23 08:12 GMT (UK) »
Still further info to come hopefully, but starting point?

Marriages Dec 1897 

Mansfield    Hannah        Derby    7b   1080     Address at marriage 183 Siddals Rd Derby)
Stevens    Thomas        Derby    7b   1080

Births

STEVENS, DORCAS  LOUISA     MANSFIELD 
GRO Reference: 1898  D Quarter in DERBY  Volume 07B  Page 555

STEVENS, DORIS  MAY     MANSFIELD 
GRO Reference: 1900  D Quarter in DERBY  Volume 07B  Page 484

STEVENS, THOMAS  HENRY     MANSFIELD 
GRO Reference: 1902  S Quarter in DERBY  Volume 07B  Page 620

STEVENS, WILLIAM  ERNEST     MANSFIELD 
GRO Reference: 1904  D Quarter in DERBY  Volume 07B  Page 605   

STEVENS, EDITH  ANNIE     MANSFIELD 
GRO Reference: 1907  M Quarter in DERBY  Volume 07B  Page 605   

STEVENS, MAY       MANSFIELD 
GRO Reference: 1909  J Quarter in DERBY  Volume 07B  Page 670

1901/1911 census records family in the same household as Hannah's parents Frederick & Dorcas

SS

Added--well worked out bbart :)

Offline bbart

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 04 December 23 08:32 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, SS!   ;)

A wee bit more... when looking at the obituary for Dorcas, the "Mrs Stevens" is missing, as Hannah died the month before...

Italics indicate I haven't typed out what was written)

Derby Daily Telegraph  08 July 1926
STEVENS - On July 6th, at 42, Wellington-street, Derby, Hannah Stevens, aged 48 years.

Derby Daily Telegraph  - 07 July 1930
In Loving memory of Hannah Stevens, who passed away July 6, 1926
(memorial poem)
- From all at 42, Wellington-street; also Louie and Enos

Derby Daily Telegraph  06 July 1931
In Loving memory of Hannah Stevens, who passed away July 6, 1926
( a different memorial poem)
Fondly remembered by her loving husband and family at 42, Wellington-street; also Louis and Enos, 1, Olive-street.

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 04 December 23 15:07 GMT (UK) »
Well done bbart.

It seems pretty clear that Mrs Lillingston is Rosanna,  and Mr & Mrs Lillingston and family must refer to Thomas Michael her husband and their children.

I'm wondering where TML was exactly in 1921 and who else was there.
Was the 1921 record I thought may have been Annie correct.

There is a record on Deceased Online for burial records of TML and his father who are possibly buried together.

Also this - LILLINGSTON. —March 5. 1947, at 20, Marsland-place, Bradford, Rosanna, widow of Thomas Michael lillingston, aged 81 years. Interment took place on March 10 at Bowling Cemetery, Bradford.

I found both  from a Lillingston family on Anc by Christine Hilsden .

Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline AngiRay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 05 December 23 18:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi, so grateful for all the work and infirmation here.  Unfortunately I managed to drp my computer on Sunday so its in for repair so only on my mobile at the moment.  Will get back on asap.  Thank you agaiń all x
Derbyshire: Hardy, Hunt, Pakeman, Mansfield
Yorkshire: Haigh
Nottingham: Dodson, Challand
Rowley Regis: Dodson
Birmingham: Raybould, Key
Scotland: Fotheringham