Author Topic: FindMyPast special Easter offer 30% off  (Read 1879 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: FindMyPast special Easter offer 30% off
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 30 March 24 15:59 GMT (UK) »
When the offer was on for 40% in January, I contacted customer service and told them I was not a little peeved that as a 'loyal' customer who has had a sub for years without a break I was to pay more for my renewal in March than someone who wasn't.

I had a reply to say they were sorry I was not happy and the 40% discount had been applied to my account. It renewed at the amended amount of 119.99  a few days ago.

Boo

Well done Boo, great news. Should give everyone hope of squeezing a bit more discount.  :)

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 30 March 24 16:08 GMT (UK) »
When the offer was on for 40% in January, I contacted customer service and told them I was not a little peeved that as a 'loyal' customer who has had a sub for years without a break I was to pay more for my renewal in March than someone who wasn't.

I had a reply to say they were sorry I was not happy and the 40% discount had been applied to my account. It renewed at the amended amount of 119.99  a few days ago.

Boo

Well done Boo, great news. Should give everyone hope of squeezing a bit more discount.  :)

Sandra

I did momentarily consider asking for my loyalty 15% discount on top of that (as technically that is touted as 15% of the current asking price because I am a loyal customer) but decided to quit while I was ahead:-)

Boo

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 30 March 24 16:11 GMT (UK) »

Boo

Sandra

I did momentarily consider asking for my loyalty 15% discount on top of that (as technically that is touted as 15% of the current asking price because I am a loyal customer) but decided to quit while I was ahead:-)

Boo

Hilarious, that made me "giggle"  :)
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Sloe Gin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 31 March 24 20:27 BST (UK) »
I posted about this on another thread. I didn't see the offer until I got an email today.
They offered me 20% off when my 40% Black Friday deal expired.
Wondering if I ignore this offer too, they might offer 40% off again.
UK census content is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk  Transcriptions are my own.

Offline Spelk

• RootsChat Senior
  • Pit Yacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 01 April 24 16:38 BST (UK) »
My current subscription ends on 8th April and I had stopped it renewing.
A few days back (Friday) I looked and they were still just offering 15% off so I sent them this message -
You are currently offering 30% off. Why does this not apply to me? My current subscription runs out on 8th April and I will noiy renew if all you are offering me is 15%.

Today I got this back from FindMyPast -
Thank you for your email.

I have applied a 30% discount into your account, this is available for everyone not just new members.

All you have to do to take advantage of this is switch back on the automatic renewal within your account on the 'My Subscription' page before your current expiration date.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

So that's 30% off rather than 40% but good enough and no need for me to spend any more time on it - untill next year.

EDIT - my email to them did actually say "noiy" when it should have said "not".

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 02 April 24 18:40 BST (UK) »
I was really pleased that I got the 40% applied to my renewal after I contacted them, though think it was only right and fair.
..  it does rather leave a bad impression though when companies appear to take the attitude of

" rip the customers off -  until and unless they query it - and THEN we can act as if we are being generous in giving them the same product at the same price as others are paying"

I'll think long and hard before renewing next year.

Boo

Offline Nifty1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 05 April 24 09:03 BST (UK) »
Be warned.
FR can be synonymous with drug addiction.
Kirtland (Oxfordshire Windsor, Berkshire)
Lipscombe (Longwick Berkshire, Maidenhead)
Marsh (London, Monksweirmouth, Durham+Berks  Bucks, Wokingham
Reynolds (Buckinghamshire Stoke on Trent)
Green, Stoke Poges
Brown (Co Durham, Windsor, Wokingham)
Wilson (Eton)
Wise