Author Topic: Matthew Thomas born Montgomery 1796  (Read 1192 times)

Offline june49

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Matthew Thomas born Montgomery 1796
« on: Sunday 11 September 05 18:15 BST (UK) »
Please can anyone find anything about Matthew and was born in Llandussel not very clear on census thanks
macclesfield droylsdenGorton Eccles shropshire Llanfairwaterdine staffordshire alstonefield and southern Ireland hanley

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: Matthew Thomas born Montgomery 1796
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 11 September 05 22:37 BST (UK) »
Hi June

The village that you refer to would be LLANDYSSIL (or LLANDYSSUL) in Montgomeryshire.

You say that this wasn't very clear on the census - Which census have you already found Matthew on?  And what other information did it tell you about him?.........household, age, marital status etc

Jan
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline june49

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 13 September 05 20:55 BST (UK) »
hi Jan,  Mathew thomas was found on the 1861 census for shropshire Llanfairwaterdine trebert He had a wife called sarah born 1801 born Heyope and various children some of them were there in 1841 but not Mathew thanks
macclesfield droylsdenGorton Eccles shropshire Llanfairwaterdine staffordshire alstonefield and southern Ireland hanley

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 14 September 05 08:25 BST (UK) »
Hi June

Ok!!  You have Matthew and his family in 1861 in Shropshire.  You mention in your reply that Matthew couldn't be found in the 1841 ???  So can I assume that you have already found Sarah and the children in 1841?  If this is the case, where were they - Shropshire?

I found this website http://www.llanfairwaterdine.co.uk/ which you may find interesting.

Can I make a suggestion to you?  Please post as much information as possible when making a request.  It just makes things easier for us to look up extra information for you. 

Jan
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

Offline june49

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 14 September 05 10:23 BST (UK) »
thanks Jan, I found the relatives on the site you mentioned a few years ago  but not Mathew, sorry for not being clearer bad habit always having to rush,  need to find him in llandussul now   

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 19 September 05 11:41 BST (UK) »
Hi June

I have had a look at 1851 for a Matthew Thomas born Llandyssil, and about 55 years of age.   I can find no Matthew that fits with the details. 

The only one I found was aged 61, living in Welshpool but the place of birth is shown as Worthen, Salop.

As you have already found him in 1861 in Shropshire, it may well be that he was in Shropshire in 1851 also.  Post a request on the Shropshire Look up Board.

I do not have access to the 1841 Montgomeryshire census, so it might be worth you posting a request for that on the Montgomeryshre Look up Board.  I do know that at least one Rootschat member has the 1841.

When posting your additional requests it would be worthwhile including all the infomation that you have found about Matthew so far -

year and place of birth, his wife's name, and names of the children.  You should also include any other census details that you have found the family in.

I hope this helps.

Jan