Author Topic: Caroline LANCASTLE  (Read 1770 times)

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Caroline LANCASTLE
« Reply #9 on: Monday 22 June 20 14:16 BST (UK) »
Going back to the original question
John Weaver married a Caroline Hawkins 1868 registered in Bristol.

You will need the marriage cerificate to get the fathers name, however it's going to say John and since both families the father is a labourer it won't help, although one is deceased (Yatton) Perhaps the name of a witness can help.

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 22 June 20 14:35 BST (UK) »
Jacques.
You are following Caroline Hawkins born Yatton daughter of John and Ann of Yatton bap 19 Jan 1845

FreeBMD married John Weaver 1868 Bristol
They had children
Arthur 1868 registered Bedminster
Walter 1870 registered Axbridge
Albina Jane 1873
Alice Maud 1876
George 1878

John Weaver must have died after 1878 and before 1880 when Caroline Weaver married Robert Lancastle

Using 1881 census
Robert Lancastle 30 born Bristol Glos
Caroline 36 born Yatton
Arthur 12
Walter 10
Albina Jane 8
Alice Maud 6
George 3
Robert Henry 6weeks registered Axbridge.

All children are listed with the surname Lancastle except for Robert Henry their last name should be Weaver.

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 22 June 20 14:42 BST (UK) »
Mal

You are following the Wells family named Hawkins they gave their children similar names but Jacques family says they were born Yatton.Two completely different families.

Offline Mal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 24 June 20 08:19 BST (UK) »
This is my family

John Callow HAWKINS married Charlotte JAMES 26 Feb 1838 in Shepton Mallet.
They had 5 children all born in Wells before Charlotte died in 1851.

Their daughter Caroline was born in 1846. Caroline married Samuel HOWE in Bristol in 1867.
They had 5 children (4 born in Bristol and the last born in Wells)

Caroline died in 1905 and is buried in Wells.

John Callow HAWKINS was my 2xgt grandfather. My direct line come from his second marriage to Mary Ann CARDWELL

Mal

Somerset -- Lay, Rabbitts, Button, Cornick, Hawkins, Hillier, Hopes, Huntley, Applegate, Ashman, West
Wiltshire -- Lay, Applegate, Cornick, Barlow, Eyles, Sawyer
Kent -- Brightman
Middlesex -- Wakely
Dorset -- Wakely, Hillier

Offline Magstoo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 24 June 20 08:49 BST (UK) »
Robert Henry Lancastle was my grandfather so I know for definite that the children of Caroline and John Weaver were  (?Edith 1862), Arthur, Walter, Albina, Alice Maud, George John.  We have some documented memories from relatives, including some photographs.  Caroline then married Robert Lancastle and had Robert Henry, Caroline, Sarah Ann (also known as Sarann), Joseph William and possibly a Matthew (shown on photograph we have).

Robert Henry was born in Andoversford Huts, Gloucester, as Robert was at that time a navvy on the railway.  He later changed his surname to Williams possibly because he was lodging with a family of that name, although there is suggestion that Caroline later married (?) a James Williams as this person appears on Robert Henry's death certificate as his father.

Offline Magstoo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 24 June 20 09:33 BST (UK) »
Have a receipt for funeral of Mrs Lancastle (Caroline) 04.04.1931 paid for by Mr Weaver.  She was by then in Hope, Derbyshire and apparently there are records in Hope church.

Offline Mal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 24 June 20 09:35 BST (UK) »
It's so much easier to find info now than 15 years ago when this first appeared.

Mal
Somerset -- Lay, Rabbitts, Button, Cornick, Hawkins, Hillier, Hopes, Huntley, Applegate, Ashman, West
Wiltshire -- Lay, Applegate, Cornick, Barlow, Eyles, Sawyer
Kent -- Brightman
Middlesex -- Wakely
Dorset -- Wakely, Hillier

Offline jacques

• I have opted not to receive notification of any new replies to my posts.
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 04 July 20 15:01 BST (UK) »
Thank you for info. It’s many years since I worked on this 15?.
Due to Virus I’m stuck in Turkey all my files are back in U.K.
My connection through my my husbands tree. His father was Joseph William Smith. From Hope .
Cousin I think of Weavers . Used to visit in Notts retired policeman wife and daughter Doreen.

That’s all I can recall without my records. I’m 81 would appreciate anything you think relevant. Don’t have photos . My Husband died 5 years ago.
Thanks for getting in touch. Pam
Wragg Sheffield/Rotherham
Noble  Sheffield/Derby
Kirk     Sheffield/Northumberland
Lenton Sheffield
Ward  Deryshire
Twigg Derbyshire

All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright(see www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Magstoo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 04 July 20 21:00 BST (UK) »
I remember going to visit Bob and Dorothy Weaver, back in the 1970's.  A lovely couple and he was a very keen gardener - as well as seeming very tall to me! They were then living near Nottingham in Breaston (?).  Doreen helped me when I was looking for work in the 1980's and I last saw her in the 1990's.  My brother has her address and as far as I know she is still around.

Bertram (Bert) Smith who came from Liskeard in Cornwall married Caroline Lancastle in c1906.  Brenda Eyre (daughter of Joseph William's brother, John (Jack)) was in contact with my father when he was trying to find out about the name change from Lancastle to Williams.  She gave their address as 15 Castleton Rd, Hope (don't know date they lived there).  I have a couple of photos of Bertram and Caroline from c1906.

I've put together the family tree as far as I can so if you are interested I could try sending you a pdf.  I've saved the photos as jpegs, so can try to send them too if you are interested.

I hope this is of help.