Author Topic: DUBBER. My Unusual Surname  (Read 1562 times)

Offline Guinevere

• RootsChat Extra
  • Save the Earth, its the only planet with chocolate
    • View Profile
DUBBER. My Unusual Surname
« on: Wednesday 11 August 04 16:38 BST (UK) »
I am one of the unfortunates who suffer an unusual Surname Dubber.Its been awful tracing my family,but i have had a lot of sucess,and freebmd,and mainly free sites have given so much help in one way or other.I wont pay for the sites like ancestry,as they are too expensive,and i gave them a ton of info,that i have to pay for to see!!!.lolol. blooming cheek.

My search,has lead me to some really unexpected place,and i have found 2 brothers i had never met,although they are a lot older than me,as my dad was old when i was bornHarry is 68,John is 65,and im 45,i feel very wierd cos its like my dads generation.lol.
Also i found a few cousins in the states and we are swapping stuff,all the time,and my Dubber website found these wonderful people for me.   http://www.communigate.co.uk/hants/dubbersurname/index.phtml

I have a vast amount to add to site,when i get time,and im getting lots of certificates at moment,they are £7.00,each,i bet they make a fortune bless them,you pay to have a birth cert when your born,marriage and deaths too,then you pay again to see them.lol.i wish i had that kind of business sense!.
My family are basically from Hampshire u.k,but have spread worldwide,i have found them all over.So yell if you need any info.Love Guinevere.xxxxxx :o
DUBBER,in  U.K,all counties,especially Hampshire,but  worldwide interests in all Dubber surnames.
CRITCHLOW,especially from Staffordshire.
SWORN,from Staffordshire areas,and surrounding.
COLLINS.From Hampshire,especially portsmouth and surrounding areas

http://www.communigate.co.uk/hants/dubbersurname/index.phtml

Any-one who thinks sun-shine is happiness,has never danced in the rain!.

Offline RootsChat

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • RootsChat Administration
    • View Profile
Re: DUBBER. My Unusual Surname
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 23 September 04 21:01 BST (UK) »
Hello Guinevere,

I bet all us researching Jones, Browns, Cross etc are going so very green  :D We would love to suffer an unusual name.

It sounds like your research is progressing in leaps and bounds !

Be sure to come back and update us with your research when have all your certificates back  ;)

RootsChat :)
Broken Links: Please report to us of any links that no longer work, or ones that are no longer appropriate by clicking the "Report to moderator" link on the message. Thanks! Get Poster