Author Topic: Marriage in YATTON  (Read 2908 times)

Offline D ap D

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stuck with John Jones in Wales? Join the club!
    • View Profile
Marriage in YATTON
« on: Thursday 15 September 05 10:30 BST (UK) »
In the 1851 census for Aberdare, I have my direct ancestors Evan and Christiana Davies, both aged 42 - i.e. born 1809. Evan in Builth, Breconshire; Christiana in Yatton, Somerset.

In 1841 they were living in Brecon, together with their first 3 children. The children (Christiana, Rees and Mary) were all born in Brecon. The eldest, Christiana in 1831.

Evan was a stonemason, so I dare say, during his time as a journeyman, he moved around the area a bit, from Brecon to Somerset (maybe) where he met his wife to be. A long shot, but I would like to investigate it to either confirm or reject it.

I'm hoping they followed tradition and married in the brides home parish.

So, to the request itself: If anybody has access to the Parish Registers for Yatton, could they possibly look up a marriage between Evan Davies of Builth, Brecon and a Christiana (surname unknown), timeframe probably about 1825 to 1830.

I think the name Christiana, being rather unusual, may be the key word.

Many thanks,

D
Stuck with:
William Williams of Llanllyfni
John Jones in Llanelli
Evan Evans in Caio
David Davies of Llansanffraid
Evans: Caio/Carms
Jones: CDG, DEN

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Nor do I think that any other nation than this of Wales, or any other tongue, whatever may hereafter come to pass, shall on the day of the great reckoning before the Most High Judge, answer for this corner of the earth": The Old Man of Pencader to Henry II