Author Topic: Is there no end to this shameless plugging? This time its Radio Merseyside...  (Read 22619 times)

Paul E

Re: Is there no end to this shameless plugging? This time its Radio Merseyside...
« Reply #18 on: Friday 16 September 05 14:08 BST (UK) »
Afraid not, gazza - listening to it once was enough! :)

Paul

Offline Heather D

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Is there no end to this shameless plugging? This time its Radio Merseyside...
« Reply #19 on: Friday 16 September 05 14:38 BST (UK) »
Luffly bit of plugging Paul ...though we expect no less from the master  :D

Well done!
Nottinghamshire: Willmott, Williams, Oldham, Padgett, Burden, Stokes, Huskinson, Tuckwood, Morley, Barnett
Lincolnshire: Foster, Dennis, Mowbray
Leicestershire: Mowbray,Hudson, Tuckwood
Derbyshire: Starbrook
Somerset: Willmott, Elliott
Cork:Driscoll, Murphy
London Surrey:Driscoll, Cheesman
London Kent:Cheesman
Kent:Cheesman, Davis, West, Hills, Kneller, Bones, Eastup

Census information is crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 16 September 05 15:48 BST (UK) »
Paul - my hero!!

If you missed it (as I did) you can follow kmo's link on the previous page.  Click on listen live, select the Roger Philip's show and fast forward through to about 2 hours 10 minutes - presto!!

Hope that works for you

Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline bwgan ceredig

• RootsChat Senior
  • They can 'do' 20 generations each!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 16 September 05 16:29 BST (UK) »
Ooh...can't wait...got to do shopping, sort out tea, see to family :P :P

Stupid work :(

Will post again once (and if) I have managed to listen to it.  Thanks for the tip Arranroots ;D ;D
Stiff - Monmouthshire & Glos, Parry - Monmouthshire
Stafford - Glos, Liles - Glos, Bright- Glos, Webb - Monmouthshire & Glos, Smart - Glos, Smith - Glos
Sullivan - Ireland, Jones (oh dear! Almost as bad as Smith), Walker - Somerset, Llewellyn
And, no don't laugh...Crump...I think it's great!

And of course, if I ever do manage to do a successful look up it is crown copyright and all that legal stuff!

Seriously Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Paul E

« Reply #22 on: Friday 16 September 05 16:33 BST (UK) »
Yes - I'm particularly proud over stumbling, for about two minutes, over my description of Sarah and Trystan as an er ... er... er... 'Welsh couple'!!!! ::)   Trust they'll forgive the hesitation!

cheers :)

Paul

PS

I also managed to call Andy Ball  'Alan' a couple of times before we began recording.  That must have endeared me to him immensely! (Memories of old chewing gum cards were obviously playing in my mind!).  For the record, he's a very amiable chap and seemed genuinely interested in Family History.

Offline Rebecca Steele

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 16 September 05 16:52 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the tip Arranroots! Was at work and saw that you were on the radio Paul, and really wanted to listen to it, so was really chuffed when I got home and saw the link! ;D

It was great to hear you speaking about the monthly challenges and censuswhacking and of course to hear Rootschat mentioned a few times! lets hope we get more recruits now!

;D ;D

Chui

Morgan - Herefordshire, Worcestershire * Bullock - Worcestershire * Taylor - Gloucestershire, Worcestershire * Peverill/all/ell - Middlesex, Brighton, Essex * Knee - Gloucestershire, London area * Brenan - Any area * Steele - Dorset<br /><br />Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Biker

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 16 September 05 17:08 BST (UK) »
Nice one Paul.

Don't suppose the infamous Claude ever thought he'd get a mention on Merseyside Radio 2005!

Jonathan
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Conifer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 16 September 05 18:23 BST (UK) »
I was really made up to hear about your site on R. Merseyside today.
I'd never heard of rootschat before.

I'd only been logged on for 30mins before I found an amazing amount of information re my family name - Gynane.

Only trouble is,  how do I tear myself away from the monitor to do things like
eat?!!
Gavin.    Gynane
S.Ireland, Cheshire, Liverpool

Offline Berlin-Bob

• Caretaker
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Is there no end to this shameless plugging? This time its Radio Merseyside.
« Reply #26 on: Friday 16 September 05 18:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Conifer,

A very warm welcome to RootsChat. 

Didn't Paul say in his interview, that RootsChatters give up on silly things like eating, sleeping, ironing shirts, cleaning, etc etc .... you know, all those boring things that other people do .... so they have more time to be on RootsChat  ??

Ooops, he missed that bit  ;D

Enjoy !
Bob
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)