Author Topic: Jeanie Armstrong  (Read 1043 times)

Offline hannah

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Jeanie Armstrong
« on: Saturday 17 September 05 00:52 BST (UK) »
looking for information on a Jeanie Armstrong born July 15,1914.  I have reason to believe that  Jeanie was born in Maryhill Glasgow.  The birth mother of Jeanie was a Hannah Armstrong (AKA Hannah Armstrong Little) of Canonbie Dumfries.  Jeanie Armstrong is my mother's sister  Thank you for taking the time to read this posting.

Offline one little branch

• RootsChat Extra
  • I remain unvanquished
    • View Profile
Re: Jeanie Armstrong
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 28 September 05 15:16 BST (UK) »
hello

i am an absolute beginner with little info to go on, other than the fact that my grandmother's name was Flora Armstrong and she was born in glasgow in 1911. i remember her telling me that she was very close to her cousin which i have a vague memory that her name was jeanie. not much to go on i know, but sometimes you never know i guess! maybe if my nan's name rings a bell i could try and give you more information?

i am really excited to find my family tree!

thank you :)
Flora McGilvery Armstrong, Glasgow Scotland, born 1911.  Flora married Fred McLean and moved to Montreal Quebec.

Offline hannah

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 28 September 05 18:44 BST (UK) »
Hi, Thank you for the e-mail.  Would you happen to know if your nan's mother was a Hannah Armstrong? Would you know where in Glasgow your nan was born?   Hope to hear from you.  Thanks

• RootsChat Extra
  • I remain unvanquished
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 28 September 05 19:12 BST (UK) »
hi there

i don't think my grandmother's mother's name was hannah. but i will ask my mother tonight to find out for sure. (i'm supposed to get more info tonight) then i can let you know for sure. unfortunately i really don't have much to go on right now. hopefully my mother can find more info.

i'll talk to you soon

thank you
Flora McGilvery Armstrong, Glasgow Scotland, born 1911.  Flora married Fred McLean and moved to Montreal Quebec.

• RootsChat Extra
  • I remain unvanquished
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 30 September 05 03:16 BST (UK) »
hi there

i was able to get some more information to go and and i came across my grandmother's marriage register. it was signed as witnessed by a jean armstrong, craighead street, in airdrie. the year was 1945, april 25th.

i also found out that my grandmother was born in the district of coatbridge in the county of lanark. she would often visit her aunt in glasgow for the summers when her aunt was cleaning houses.

i hope something here helps you find what you're looking for. i'm having a bit of a bumpy start......but still hanging on!

please let me know if i can help with anything

:)

Offline hannah

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 30 September 05 18:17 BST (UK) »
Hi, Thank you for the information.  I do not think the Armstrong's are connected.  However, if anything comes up I will let you know.  Thanks again.