Author Topic: 1744 Baptism of Daniel Dyson in Denby or Penistone - does it exist?  (Read 873 times)

Offline Keith Sherwood

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The grass covers and the rain effaces. Victor Hugo
    • View Profile
1744 Baptism of Daniel Dyson in Denby or Penistone - does it exist?
« on: Saturday 17 September 05 14:43 BST (UK) »
Further to my being helpfully steered towards the correct part of Yorkshire, I was wondering whether anyone has access to the parish records of either Denby or Penistone (not exactly sure whether both had a parish church), to confirm for me the IGI entry that says a Daniel DYSON was baptised there in 1744.
Another entry for a man of this name for Ashton-U-Lyne across the county border in Lancs, also for 1744, simply does not exist in the parish records I scoured for Ashton...
Very best wishes,
Keith

Offline dennford

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1744 Baptism of Daniel Dyson in Denby or Penistone - does it exist?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 17 September 05 23:54 BST (UK) »
Just a quick thougt
          Was that Ashton under Lyme or Just plain Ashton, because if it was Ashton there may be a possibility of it being Aston which is not next door to Penistone but at least within what in those days would be a migratory distance.
           Not very probable but maybe worth a thought.
                                                         Denn
Ford, Baines, Dixon, Platts, Peat, Proctor, Rotherforth, Dakin/Daykin, Sales, Beech, Hall, Parkin, Nightingale. ----- Harthill, Waleswood, Woodhouse-mill, Whitwell

South Yorkshire/Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire

Torremocha, Candog, Ramos, Reyes, Rodrigueus
-------Philippines --- Bohol

Offline Keith Sherwood

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The grass covers and the rain effaces. Victor Hugo
    • View Profile
Re: 1744 Baptism of Daniel Dyson in Denby or Penistone - does it exist?
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 18 September 05 00:06 BST (UK) »
Hi again, Denn,
Thanks for that interesting thought, and I'll look into it.  It does pay to keep all one's options open, and to explore every possible name variation (place or family) that one comes across.  My ignorance of some of the geography of those large northern counties is a bit of a hindrance at the moment.  Nothing like a bit of local knowledge to point one along another avenue of research...
Very best wishes,
Keith