Author Topic: NURSE, NURSS, NOURSE (GOONS 4406)  (Read 7846 times)

Offline shannock

• RootsChat Extra
  • Those who seek shall find (only sometimes)
    • View Profile
NURSE, NURSS, NOURSE (GOONS 4406)
« on: Saturday 17 September 05 20:10 BST (UK) »
Hi.

My one - name - study is still in its initial stages and would like to hear from anyone with references and data for the name NURSE and listed variants.

I am always happy to pass on any information I have for the name NURSE and listed variants

Thank you in advance.

shannock
Researching<br />NURSE and all associated names - Weybourne & Kelling - Norfolk.<br />STARLING and all associated names - West Beckham & Weyborne - Norfolk.<br />NURSE is registered with GOONS as a one - name - study

Offline bpking

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: NURSE, NURSS, NOURSE (GOONS 4406)
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 20 September 05 00:55 BST (UK) »
Hello Shannock

The surname NURSE joined my family when Ann NURSE married Nathaniel PILCH on 28 Oct 1735 in Castle Acre, Norfolk.

Ann was baptised in 1718 in Castle Acre, dau of John & Mary Nurse who also baptised a son, Boulter NURSE in 1729 in Castle Acre.

I have been unable to discover anything else about this family so if you have any idea where John was born, where he married Mary or details of any other descendants or family I would love to hear from you.

Regards

Brenda

Offline shannock

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 21 September 05 09:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Brenda

Thank you for the NURSE information.
Unfortunately I cannot find any reference for your NURSE family in my files. At the moment my records for the surname NURSE in the West of Norfolk are a bit sparse.

In the late 1700S and early 1800S there were NURSE families living at Cockley Cley, Fincham & Downham Market which are not far from castle Acre. It might be worth looking at the registers for these towns.

If in the future any information for NURSE in Castle Acre is found I will let you  know.

Regards.
shannock
Researching<br />NURSE and all associated names - Weybourne & Kelling - Norfolk.<br />STARLING and all associated names - West Beckham & Weyborne - Norfolk.<br />NURSE is registered with GOONS as a one - name - study

Offline bpking

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 21 September 05 13:44 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much, Shannock.

Brenda

Offline Frank Nurse

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 14 November 05 16:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I have been researching Nurse for a very long time indeed and built up a database that I am happy to share with anyone.

I suspect, from your profile, that you are interested in the Norfolk Nurses.  Whereas my main interest has been in the Gloucester, Hereford and Somerset Nurses.

I would be delighted to exchange data

Frank

Offline shannock

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 14 November 05 18:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi frank.

Thank you for your message. My main research interest is the NURSE family from Weybourne and the surrounding area of North Norfolk. I am also conducting a one name study of the name NURSE and variations.  Any information is gratefully received and I am always willing to pass on or swap NURSE information.

Regards.
Shannock.

Offline Frank Nurse

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 15 November 05 10:38 GMT (UK) »
Great to hear from you.

I don't particularly see the need to be anonymous so you can contact be directly on (*) or (*), if you prefer. 

I am now 56 and started to do my family tree at the age of 14.  My interest is in the North Somerset Nurses through which I can trace myself back into obscurity in 1690.  However, during this time I have recorded whatever Nurse / Nourse data I have come across just in case it might fit in later.  And so I have drifted from family tree to a one name study.

I am also in contact with about 10 other people throughout the world who are researching 'Nurse' to a greater or lesser degree.

I have typed up most of my data and circulated it to everyone on my 'Active Contact List' about 1 year ago.  If you would like a copy I can post you a CD

Needless to say any data  you can offer I would be delighted to receive

All the best

Frank Nurse

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the PM system for exchanging personal data.

Offline norma_jess

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 06 September 06 16:55 BST (UK) »
Hi, I have just found a Elizabeth Nurse married to a Thomas Tuddenham in 1716 in Gooderstone Norfolk.  Would you have any information about her please.  Norma
North Wales Denbighshire .Williams. Hopwood.
Flintshire. Williams. Griffiths. Clarke. Hopwood.
Cheshire. Darlington. Stubbs.
Staffordshire. Darlington. Stubbs. Fieldhouse. Biddulph.
Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Lancashire. Johnson/Johnston. Bebbington. Harris. Pimlott.
Cumberland. Marriner. Tuddenham. Crozier, Bell. Johnson/Johnston. Norman.
Northumberland.  Marriner. Leathard. Common
Norfolk. Tuddenham. Rolfe. Rosier.

Census information is Crown Co

Offline shannock

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 10 September 06 08:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Norma.

The only information I have concerning NURSE from the Gooderstone area is the following.
Marriage.
Elizabeth NURSE married Thomas TUDENHAM on 2nd July 1715 at Necton, Norfolk.
Burials.
Godderstone.
As written.
Edmund NURSSE was bureyed[sic] ye 6th day of February 1600.
Marey NURSE was September 9th 1703.
Marey NURSE was buried June 12th 1708.
William NURSE buried May 8th 1714.