Author Topic: 1881 Sullivans@Miskin Rd  (Read 1625 times)

Offline Clare Noyce

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1881 Sullivans@Miskin Rd
« on: Saturday 17 September 05 23:50 BST (UK) »
Has any one got links to this Sullivan family.

Sorry for any spelling misstakes.

Catherine Sullivan   abt 1869    Hirwaun, Glamorgan, Wales   Daughter    Back Of Miskin Rd Under Houses, Ystradyfodwg, Glamorgan, Wales   
    Edward Sullivan   abt 1865    Hirwaun, Glamorgan, Wales   Son    Back Of Miskin Rd Under Houses, Ystradyfodwg, Glamorgan, Wales
    John Sullivan   abt 1862    Maesteg, Glamorgan, Wales   Son    Back Of Miskin Rd Under Houses, Ystradyfodwg, Glamorgan, Wales
    Mary Sullivan   abt 1834    Ireland   Head    Back Of Miskin Rd Under Houses, Ystradyfodwg, Glamorgan, Wales

Offline Bethan

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 1881 Sullivans@Miskin Rd
« Reply #1 on: Monday 19 September 05 22:06 BST (UK) »
Dear Clare,just in case you did not know,Miskin road is in Trealaw,which is in the Rhondda(formerly Ystradfodwg),and if you are looking for the burial place of your ancestors,Trealaw cemetery is very close by.
Bethan
Denton,Barfoot,Emery in Bedford.Howells of Pembroke,Davies of Rhymney,Jones of Carmarthen.

Offline Fletch303

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 19 June 19 14:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Clare
Just came across this query on the Sullivans 1881 Miskin Road. John Sullivan is my great Grandfather.
Johns Wife Maria Hardwidge
His father was Alexander Sullivan Mother Mary??  Both born in Ireland - Hit a brickwall there.
I can help with some information on the tree and have full details on burial in trealaw cemetry.

Drop me an email
Thanks
Fletch303

Has any one got links to this Sullivan family.

Sorry for any spelling misstakes.

Catherine Sullivan   abt 1869    Hirwaun, Glamorgan, Wales   Daughter    Back Of Miskin Rd Under Houses, Ystradyfodwg, Glamorgan, Wales   
    Edward Sullivan   abt 1865    Hirwaun, Glamorgan, Wales   Son    Back Of Miskin Rd Under Houses, Ystradyfodwg, Glamorgan, Wales
    John Sullivan   abt 1862    Maesteg, Glamorgan, Wales   Son    Back Of Miskin Rd Under Houses, Ystradyfodwg, Glamorgan, Wales
    Mary Sullivan   abt 1834    Ireland   Head    Back Of Miskin Rd Under Houses, Ystradyfodwg, Glamorgan, Wales

Offline Clare Noyce

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 06 April 20 09:25 BST (UK) »
Hi

Sorry I've not replied before but I haven't done family research for a long time. So not come onto this site. I have lots of info on the Hardwidge family if you have any gaps you want to fill. I have just confirmed that William Hardwidge had two more sigblings. I found them years ago in the census for the Axbridge workhouse but have only just got confirmation on their parentage.

Aparently My couisin Mel West knew someone decended from the Sullivans. I think I have every thing covered regarding Tealaw Cemetry, thanks. Years ago a gentleman in the Library helped me out with that.

Take Care

Offline Fletch303

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 06 April 20 11:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Clare
Found John Sullivan’s birth certificate
He was born on 8th June 1856 Birth registered in Maesteg which fall under Bridgend. His Father was Alexander Sullivan (1833 - 1881) Mother was Mary Downing (1834 -??) I believe Mary’s father was Rohan Downing Mother Elizabeth Young - Born? In Bantry, Cork, Ireland. Can you send me a GedCom file of your Hardwidge tree. If not GedCom a PDF
Thanks DP

Offline Clare Noyce

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 06 April 20 15:35 BST (UK) »
I have a very large tree as I was obsessed with family research and didn't know when to stop. Some one has told me I can split families off so over the next few days I will try and do that.

Offline Fletch303

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 06 April 20 23:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Clare
Thank you for the reply and appreciate the help with the Hardwidge Tree

Best Regards
DP