Author Topic: Marrige look up  (Read 2472 times)

Offline alcrighton

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Marrige look up
« Reply #9 on: Friday 25 November 05 18:39 GMT (UK) »
I think this is all coming together:  Elizabeth, Wife of Thomas "BONA" is down as having been born in Ansford in the 1861 & 1871 censuses.  They would most likely have married in her home town even if they had then gone to live in his.

Do you have the census details from 1851/61/71?

Regards,

Allan
Crighton, Dundee & London<br />Woodgates, Bath, Devon & London<br />Curtis, Nottinghamshire & Islington<br />Maker, Cornwall & London<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Greyhound

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 26 November 05 16:22 GMT (UK) »
Allan,

I agree with what you are saying, everything is now starting to match up together. I have some info from the 1871 census, Thomas and Elizabeth living in Ditcheat with members of their family which seem all correct, but nothing around 1851 which says my Thomas Bond etc were living in Ditcheat at this time? until you came up with Bona which I think we agree is the correct one( hopfully). seems to be a few other Bonds around at this time but not mine.

hope all this makes sense.
Regards
Steve.

Offline alcrighton

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 26 November 05 19:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Steve,

Would you like me to post the information from 1861 on Thomas "BONA" which appears to tie up with the family you have from 1871 or do you have it already?

Regards,

Allan
Crighton, Dundee & London<br />Woodgates, Bath, Devon & London<br />Curtis, Nottinghamshire & Islington<br />Maker, Cornwall & London<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Joburg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 26 November 05 19:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
    1851 census for Sparkford Somerset

Piece 1931 Fol.33 Page 10

Thomas Bond 33 Ag.Lab born Alhampton Som.
Elizabeth 28 born Ansford
Ellen 10 born Ansford
Laurence 7? born Alhampton
Mary 5 born Alhampton
Joseph 2 born Sparkford
Isaac 9 months born Sparkford.

Regards

Joburg
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Greyhound

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 27 November 05 17:48 GMT (UK) »
Joburg,

Thanks very much, all this info matches perfectly. with the name's of Thomas Bond and his first five children and their birth's. It now looks like he moved to Ditcheat around 1850.
But it may now throw the name Bona out of the window???

Regards
Steve.

Offline Greyhound

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 28 November 05 19:03 GMT (UK) »
Just to say thanks to everyone who has helped me in my research about Thomas Bond and family, I sat down last night and went through everything I have . It now looks like all the info I have is correct  :D

My only problem is, were do I go from here? only joking, its been a long hard slog but in the end I now know were mt GG grandad came from.
once again thanks.
regards
Steve.

Offline Little_Family

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marrige look up - Ansford
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 30 June 11 15:10 BST (UK) »
Steve,
If you want to find out more about the Ansford side of your family (partic Elizabeth Francis who married Thomas Bond 29 Dec 1842) you'll find that all the Ansford parish registers have now been transcribed.
I've uploaded the spreadsheets onto the appropriate Yahoo group (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/catsash/) and they should soon be on FreeREG.
Tim