Author Topic: Singleton from Low Eskholme, Muncaster  (Read 6015 times)

Offline Carolann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Singleton from Low Eskholme, Muncaster
« on: Thursday 12 August 04 22:14 BST (UK) »
Hi

I'm researching my mother's Singleton ancestors, and have found the earliest member, William Singleton was born in 1777 in Muncaster, Cumberland.  From what I've been able to find out, he was a farmer at Low Eskholme near Muncaster and was also Overseer of the Poor in Muncaster & Birkby in 1810.  His wife was Hannah and they had at least one child, also named William born in 1801.  This William married Ann and had five children, including my great great grandfather, another William, born in 1836.  The family had moved to Liverpool by the 1851 census and my great grandfather Christopher Chapman Singleton was born in Liverpool in 1863, he married Mary Alice Fogg in 1890, and my grandfather John Ernest Singleton was born in Barrow-in-Furness, Lancasher in 1901.

I would be very interested in finding anyone else researching these Singletons.  My grandfather was one of 10 children, and other names I knwo are, James, Norman, Gilbert and Chris.

Carol
Hull, East Yorkshire
GREEN, HOBSON, WILLOUGHBY, FARROW - Hull East Yorks
SAYERS, DOBNEY, GRANT, CROFT, HARE - Lincs
SINGLETON, FOGG, BROCKLEBANK - Lancashire
SINGLETON - Cumberland
PAGAN, GRAY, CALDWELL, NAISMITH - Scotland
CHEESMAN, WHITE, WATTS, GAINS, - Hampshire/Surrey
NASH, BULLMAN, PATE, LOFTUS/LOFFEST - London
HOSTY - Ireland to Chicago to Durham

Offline LianneY

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Singleton from Low Eskholme, Muncaster
« Reply #1 on: Friday 29 December 17 19:01 GMT (UK) »
I know of some of my Singletons on the Isle of Man.
My Great Aunt Hannah Singleton nee Young passed away in Barrow in Furness in the 60's. her husband was Norman Singleton.