Author Topic: Mary Ann McDermott look up  (Read 4482 times)

Offline Matty

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Mary Ann McDermott look up
« on: Friday 13 August 04 10:54 BST (UK) »
Iam searching for the family of Mary Ann McDermott born about 1848 in the West Riding of Yorkshire.  In the  census ( Lancashire) 1871 she was born in Dewsbury,1881 Halifax & 1891 Leeds, her Fathers name was Patrick McDermott (born in Ireland) but I have no name for her Mother. 
In Lancashire census 1871 RG/4139 a Patrick McDermott & daughters Margaret, Sarah & Jane, I think are the same family of Mary Ann as the address is the same on her Marriage certificate.  Can one can help me to find this branch of my family tree?   8)       

Matty
McDermott Yorkshire & Ireland 
McNutt Lancashire &  Donegal Ireland 
McKinly Donegal Ireland
Culbert Donegal Ireland
Richardson Donegal Ireland
Booth,Crompton, Hamer, Jackson, Nuttall, Smith and Ward from Lancashire

"So near and yet so far"

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ann McDermott look up
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 16 November 04 00:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Matty

Sorry we have been so little help to you on this one. 

Have you made any progress,  or do you have any further details that could help someone to find what you are looking for?

Best wishes 
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Marsden

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 16 November 04 02:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

There is a Mary Ann McDermott born September Qtr 1848 in Oldham Volume 20 page 1062

Marsden
Starkey (Yeadon, Shipley) Dolan (Bradford) Marsden (Leeds, Bradford) Mitchell (Bradford) Murgatroyd (Yeadon)  Chippendale (Yeadon)  Easy (Bradford)  Rawnsley (Yeadon)  Cowgill (Yeadon)

Offline Matty

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 16 November 04 07:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ticker & Marsden,  On 3 different census Mary Ann was born in Dewsbury/ Halifax & Leeds so all I can say is she was born in Yorkshire about  1849/1851.  I have tried without success Free BMD/ Yorks BMD although Yorks do have several Mary Ann Mc's but the last time I sent off with details (Patrick her Father) they kindly returned my money. 

Mary Ann married Thomas Nuttall in Bury Lancashire in Nov. 1869 her age was 21 Father Patrick.  I have had trouble with this side of the family as they named my Grandfather "Giles" but on his birth certificate he was Charles!  Fortunately I remember vaguely when he died there was a fuss as his Marriage cert was Giles. 

But I will not give up hope ~ it will become my life's quest 

Matty ::)
McDermott Yorkshire & Ireland 
McNutt Lancashire &  Donegal Ireland 
McKinly Donegal Ireland
Culbert Donegal Ireland
Richardson Donegal Ireland
Booth,Crompton, Hamer, Jackson, Nuttall, Smith and Ward from Lancashire

"So near and yet so far"