Author Topic: BBC: A Challenge for Rootschatters  (Read 48244 times)

Offline Silvilocks

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: BBC: A Challenge for Rootschatters
« Reply #171 on: Friday 08 September 06 08:06 BST (UK) »
It was great to read about the quest and the closure.All those that did their bit on Rootschat deserve an accolade at least.
What makes me so sad is the way person's in the Armed Forces kept on going back,again,and again.
That takes courage,once youv'e experienced the nasty bit's.
So young,so determined,so short a life.
R.I.P.
              Goggy. :( :(

It's impossible to imagine how they COULD keep going back once they knew what it was like. I have to admit it makes me angry today when it all seems to have been for nothing. The world as a whole doesn't seem to have learnt anything from previous wars, and it so oftens seems as if the men and women who died and suffered did so in vain :'( I do feel very strongly that we have to honour their memory because at least they tried.

Silvilocks

Edit: Just re-read that, and although I know what I mean, I'm not sure I've made a great job of putting it into words.
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline goggy

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: Saturday 09 September 06 07:02 BST (UK) »
Silvilock's.
Very easily read and understood,thank you.
             Goggy. ;) ;D

Offline Sarndra

• RootsChat Senior
  • www.magnaquiestracing.co.nz
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: Monday 25 September 06 12:24 BST (UK) »
Evening all

I found a photo of Jose (nee Hicken, formerly Moss) Johnston and her second husband Bob with their granddaugher Zoe taken in 1979 and added to my website if anyone is interested.

http://www.angelfire.com/ok/nzfamily/images/josie__bob_and_zoe_1979.jpg

Cheers

Sarndra
ARBUCKLE; BAILEY; BLACKADDER; BURNS; DARBON/DARBEN; DAVIDSON; ERSKINE; EVANS; GUEST; HANNAH; HAMILTON; HAND; HOLDER; JOHNSTON; KENNEDY; KITCHENER; LAVERIE; LAWSON; LEES;  LEESE; LOAN; LODGE; MACE; MCCOOK; MCGUIRE; MCKAI/MCKAY; MCLEES; PAWSON; RUSS; STEVENSON; TOUGH; VALE; WERT; WHEELER; WORT;

Offline Sarndra

• RootsChat Senior
  • www.magnaquiestracing.co.nz
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: Monday 25 September 06 12:27 BST (UK) »
Aghhh well that didn't seem to work from my end...so try accessing it off the page i made and the link at the bottom!  Let me know if it doesn't work.

http://www.angelfire.com/ok/nzfamily/jose.html

Cheers
Sarndra
ARBUCKLE; BAILEY; BLACKADDER; BURNS; DARBON/DARBEN; DAVIDSON; ERSKINE; EVANS; GUEST; HANNAH; HAMILTON; HAND; HOLDER; JOHNSTON; KENNEDY; KITCHENER; LAVERIE; LAWSON; LEES;  LEESE; LOAN; LODGE; MACE; MCCOOK; MCGUIRE; MCKAI/MCKAY; MCLEES; PAWSON; RUSS; STEVENSON; TOUGH; VALE; WERT; WHEELER; WORT;