Author Topic: George William NEWING/Patmore NEWING  (Read 1287 times)

Offline kamakaziken

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
George William NEWING/Patmore NEWING
« on: Saturday 14 August 04 19:34 BST (UK) »
HI
can anybody help me with a look up for the 1891 Census for Kent.
I am looking for my gggrandfather George William Newing born Barham Kent (confused about the year, could be either 1857/1859) but more importantly his son Patmore Newing.
I have a suspicion that "Patmore" is indeed not a christian name but indeed this individuals mothers maiden name, and that this child was adopted by George William Newing, when he married in 1893.
There is some confusion also over the name of his spouse as on the 1901 Census it appears as Emily
yet in the 1881 census there is an entry for Rhoda as George's wife.
Appreciate any help please. ... Confused of Aylesbury

Foot(Spitalfields)  Newing (Kent) Solomons(Spitalfields) Smith/Jarvis/Making (Lavenham Suffolk),   Heard, Ridgers, Rogers, Trevenen,(Tredeger) Van der Molen (Amsterdam) Voet (Amsterdam)

Offline Nicky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: George William NEWING/Patmore NEWING
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 14 August 04 20:58 BST (UK) »
HI
I have looked through the 1891 census and cannot find your George Newing.
I would presume that in 1881 he was married to a Rhoda, she died and in 1893 he remarried to an Emily Sarah Patmore. I cannot find her on the 1891 either!! A lot of transcription errors are made and I will keep looking as I find it odd neither can be found.
Nicky
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />Sewell - Surrey<br />Lynch - Ireland, Devon and Channel Islands<br />Whall and Pye - Norwich, Essex and Kent<br />Cotterill - Warwickshire<br />Adams - North and East Riding of Yorkshire<br />Preest, Dufty Lewis, Aston - Forest of Dean

Offline kamakaziken

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 24 August 04 16:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Nicky,
I am still trying to solve this puzzle, I cannot find any trace of Rhoda's death or anything else other than an 1881 entry from Faversham advising that there was a daughter Eva E aged 2, after this they seem to vanish from the face of the earth. I did wonder if there were any divorce records or perhaps both Rhoda and Eva have died abroad somewhere, but have no indication of George William Newing serving abroad which might accound for him taking his family with him.
There also doesnt appear to be any records of George and Rhoda getting hitched or indeed of George and Emily..... frustrated is an understatement at the moment. Ken Foot
Foot(Spitalfields)  Newing (Kent) Solomons(Spitalfields) Smith/Jarvis/Making (Lavenham Suffolk),   Heard, Ridgers, Rogers, Trevenen,(Tredeger) Van der Molen (Amsterdam) Voet (Amsterdam)

Offline Boongie Pam

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Pa is Scottish, Ma is Welsh, Nose is Roamin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 04 December 05 14:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ken,

Sorry we haven't been able to help you so far with this query.

Have you managed to find anymore info that may help us help?

All the best,
Pam
 ;D
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
~~~~~~~~~~~

Dumfrieshire: Fallen, Fallon, Carruthers, Scott, Farish, Aitchison, Green, Ryecroft, Thomson, Stewart
Midlothian: Linn/d, Aitken, Martin
North Wales: Robins(on), Hughes, Parry, Jones
Cumberland: Lowther, Young, Steward, Miller
Somerset: Palmer, Cork, Greedy, Clothier

Online intermittently!

Offline Adrian Edwards

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 25 August 18 16:46 BST (UK) »
Hope this helps Rhonda wasn't married to George W Newing, her daughter was Eve Elizabeth Hogben and they both ended up living in Middlesbrough they are noted in 1891 census as Dawson. Not fully got to bottom of how she was living with George.