Author Topic: William Chalmers and Ruth Matilda Penn, Sydney  (Read 3904 times)

Offline Noells

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: William Chalmers and Ruth Matilda Penn, Sydney
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 20 October 05 12:16 BST (UK) »
Me again ,I hope you are still on line.

Check out

www.jaunay.com
Click on Free Help then AUS info
Then - What you can expect to see on an AUS bdm certificates

Regards
Noelene
Anderson,Fry,Poad, Fort, -England, Australia
McCulloch - Scotland, Australia
O'Shea, Shea, Egan - Ireland, Australia
Sternberg - Germany

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 24 October 05 00:03 BST (UK) »
If the parents are not listed on the certificate - this indicates the informant did not know their names, which could mean that not much else is on the certificate either - In theory you could get length of time  in each Aust state, marriage & detail of same, living children and ages, plus age at death, cause of death and funeral details. The latter two items would not be dependant on informant.

The transcription service on offer in NSW
http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/familyHistory/howToSearch.htm is cheaper than buying a certificate

Looking at the Ryerson index may help post 1974
http://www.rootsweb.com/~nswsdps/dpsindex.htm
There is a William Chalmers, late of Punchbowl, formerly of NZ died 1978 - but he doesn't appear old enough (born c. 1900) Could this be a son?

Another way of checking the death index records would be to access the NSW newspapers for death/funeral information - most State libraries in Oz have the Sydney Morning herald on film.

Trish

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Munkii

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 25 March 17 07:12 GMT (UK) »
Hiya!

I realise you have posted this thread about 12 years ago now, but I thought it was worth a shot trying to contact you anyway.

I'm trying to track down Ruth Matilda PENN and any siblings or descendants she may have. She is the cousin of my great-grandfather. Her mother, Elizabeth TARLIN (previously PENN, née WOOD) was my great-grandfather's next-of-kin until she died. I'm hoping to track down any descendants of Elizabeth.

If you know anything about Ruth or her siblings or anything about her really, I would love to know.

Thanks,
Ashleigh

Offline Mk2_Zephyr

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 08 April 17 11:34 BST (UK) »
Would love to know anything later about Ruth, but alas the only knowledge was from an ex grand aunt.
She thought they had a couple of kids, but I couldn't find any born in NZ or Oz.

Another Penn researcher thought they had split up in OZ and she had changed her name or came back to NZ.

They definitely had a rocky relationship and I am fairly sure the 60s death is William, but I can't find a Ruth death in NZ or Oz.

I will assume you know the early history of her father.