Author Topic: HYAM / HYAMS - Plumstead, Kent 1890 onwards  (Read 7633 times)

Offline Linda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: HYAM / HYAMS - Plumstead, Kent 1890 onwards
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 23 April 17 11:59 BST (UK) »
That's wonderful news Sharon!  If you could please reply with more information - the source and reference numbers will be sufficient - or more specific details, that would be great.  I can get the documents, just need to know where to look. Thanks so much.  :)

Offline Linda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 02 June 17 22:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Sharon
I would really appreciate information that you found, as mentioned in my last post no need to email just post info here, source and reference, or specific details would be great.
Thanks!

Offline Sharon S

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 21 June 17 12:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Linda

Thomas Hyam's parents were Charles and Ellen Hyam.
Charles Hyam was born in 1825, Thetford, Norfolk.
Ellen was born in 1818, Bradfield, Berkshire.

In 1851,  before Thomas's birth, they were living at 101 Hadley Green, Monken Hadley, Barnet.

Charles' occupation at that time was farm labourer.

1851 England Census

H0107/1701/183 p 26

However I cannot find them in subsequent censuses that show Thomas, despite alot of searching.

Sharon

Offline Linda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 22 June 17 01:56 BST (UK) »
Thank you Sharon, I very much appreciate the information, but I do not know how you were able to connect our Thomas to this Charles and Ellen.  Do you have a birth certificate for Thomas, or did you find a baptism for him? I would really appreciate if you would share those details as I was not able to find anything. Thanks.

Offline Sharon S

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 22 June 17 04:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Linda

That is why I asked you for an email to write and tell you.

I was told first hand by my grandmother, Annie  Elizabeth Catherine Hyam, wife of Charles Hyam born  1906. Thomas's son.

When I was a child she told me and Mum,  grandfather's name was Thomas.  And then she said his parents were Charles and Ellen.

I have more to tell you but will write again later.

Sharon

Offline Linda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 22 June 17 23:42 BST (UK) »
Oh I see....I would prefer not to post my email address on an open board but we could communicate through RootsChat's private messaging if you prefer.

l think that, depending upon other information that you have, proof of Thomas's birth and  parentage could be a tough search, as I previously mentioned I and friends have spent a lot of time searching for him.......although you did mention that he was born in Thetford, so perhaps you already have birth info....from a parish register?

Offline Sharon S

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 23 June 17 00:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Linda

No it's ok, no need for email or private messaging, i'm not sure how to do that as I am not familiar with this site.

In response to your last email, I thought that you said Charles Hyam born 1825 came from Thetford, somewhere in one of your posts.

The couple I found show that Charles was born in Thetford.

As you say, proving Thomas's birth is a tough search. For some reason it seems like it wasn't recorded.

I just wanted to let you know that Thomas's parents were Charles and Ellen, as that was handed down to me.

It definitely wasn't Cornelius Craddock.

Sharon

Offline Linda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 23 June 17 02:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Sharon

I mentioned that Cornelius Thomas Craddock Hyam's birth was registered in Thetford RD, nothing about Charles being from there.  I have not found anything at all for any Charles that fits in with the little information that was on the marriage certificate of our Thomas in 1890.

Now you did follow up with .......

I have just found records for Thomas Hyam born in Thetford, Norfolk in 1859 to a Charles Hyam, and also records of his father Charles Hyam born 1825 in Norfolk and his family.

They have no connection to the Cornelius Craddock family from Brandon, as all these records are from Thetford.

I would think that there certainly could be a connection between Hyam families of Thetford and of Brandon.  Although in Suffolk, Brandon was part of Thetford Registration District and the 2 places are only 7 miles apart.

Offline Sharon S

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 19 December 17 23:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Linda

I am still researching and thought I would send you a little Christmas present.

Thomas had a sister!

Sarah Ellen Hyam, born to parents Charles and Ellen Hyam, on the 15th of February, 1865, in Liverpool, Lancashire.

Father's occupation according to Lancashire Online Parish Clerk is a Coppersmith.

She was baptized in March at St. Peter, Liverpool, Lancashire.

6 records are on Ancestry, a record is at Lancashire OPC under St Peter Baptisms March 1865.

Wishing you  a Merry Christmas
From Sharon