Author Topic: Janet Penman Stewart  (Read 1036 times)

Offline velma

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Janet Penman Stewart
« on: Monday 26 September 05 06:40 BST (UK) »
I am desperately trying to trace my grandfather's sister.  She was born Janet Penman Stewart in 1897 in West Ham, Essex.  I have a death date of July 15, 1976 in Worthing.  Unfortunately I do not know her married name.  Does anyone know if I can somehow find out her married name from this death date.  I would be extremely greatful of any help that anyone can offer.
                      Velma

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Janet Penman Stewart
« Reply #1 on: Monday 26 September 05 08:48 BST (UK) »
Hi
It might be worth writing to Worthing Register office and asking if they will search for a Janet Penman ??  who died on that date.     Otherwise a search of the marriage registers will find her eventually.  It will just take some time, and money if you are not near a library or record office where you can search them free.   www.1837online.com has all marriages and is not too expensive.
Good luck
Andrea

Offline elricks

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Janet Penman Stewart
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 23 February 21 23:58 GMT (UK) »
How about Janet P STEWART who married EGAN in West Ham Dec qtr 1924.  Husband was Frederick A EGAN.

Possible children are: Beryl H Mar qtr 1925 and Colin F Sep qtr 1928, both in West Ham.

Beryl may have married SAUNDERS in Romford 1951

Colin may have married HISCOCK in West Ham 1966

This family in 1939 are:  Janet P born 31st July 1897, Frederick A born 8th Sept 1897, a timber merchant working for Himself.

A child is with them Colin Ti, born 24th July 1928.

There is 1 hidden record, and in the way this is numbered I would say a child older then Colin.

The address as transcribed is - 28 Hazel Rise, Romford, Hornchurch U.D., Essex, England.

From all the clues, I would say I am certain that the 1939 family is the one, but of course there is no proof the wife is the STEWART you are looking for. I think though I found proof for you.

GRO death recorded as Janet Penman EGAN - Sep qtr 1976
Worthing RD , West Sussex
Volume:   18
Page:   2025
date of birth 31 July 1897

It is possible using free BMD to work out children of the marriages. Find My Past (and possibly other subscription sites) have electoral rolls up to about 2019 that contain names and ages of residents, and full addresses. Sometimes it is possible to work out a likely person to write to.