Author Topic: Parish records Glyn Ceiriog look up  (Read 5876 times)

Offline AlexNoodle

• RootsChat Senior
  • The Large Family circa 1906
    • View Profile
Parish records Glyn Ceiriog look up
« on: Monday 26 September 05 12:04 BST (UK) »
hi there

Was wondering if anyone has access to the parish records of Glyn Ceiriog pre 1837 (post 1814 - as I have this booklet).

I am looking for a marriage between a John Wynne and a Rebecca.

Thanks in advance

alex
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br />Marshall: Leeds/Silkstone/Ashton/Hyde. Griffiths: Llanrhaeder ym Mochnant/Glyn Ceiriog/Ashton. Pilley: Chelmsford/Maldon. Hallas: Ashton/Stalybridge. Large: Tarvin/Manchester/Mossley. McDonald: Ireland/Whitfield/Mossley.

Offline MWynne

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Parish records Glyn Ceiriog look up
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 17 August 10 21:30 BST (UK) »
Hello
I am a descendant of the Wynne family although the surname is lost in our branch. There was a John and Rebecca in another branch and there is an excellent family tree in a book about the Wynne Slate Quarries of Glyn Ceiriog. I will obtain the title and ISBN number for you.

Myfanwy Wynne Jones

Offline AlexNoodle

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 17 August 10 22:16 BST (UK) »
Thanks Myfanwy - I already have the book, in fact I helped the lady who did the Wynne family tree in the book!

Regards

Alex
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br />Marshall: Leeds/Silkstone/Ashton/Hyde. Griffiths: Llanrhaeder ym Mochnant/Glyn Ceiriog/Ashton. Pilley: Chelmsford/Maldon. Hallas: Ashton/Stalybridge. Large: Tarvin/Manchester/Mossley. McDonald: Ireland/Whitfield/Mossley.

Offline MWynne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 17 August 10 22:25 BST (UK) »
I don't suppose you need any info from me then. But do you know how far back the lady who did the family tree managed to go?  - the book goes back to th 1750s and I was wondering if they found any earlier records. My mother and I were talking about it a few hours ago.

Myfanwy

Offline AlexNoodle

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 17 August 10 22:35 BST (UK) »
I dont know to be honest - I know there are Wynne family papers - http://arcw.llgc.org.uk/cgi-bin/anw/search2?coll_id=20280&inst_id=1&term=ceiriog?&L=1

I have to admit I have been focusing on my direct family - the Wynne family married into the Bather family and in turn the Bather's married into my Brown family twice - cousins married cousins!

Offline MWynne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 23 August 10 20:23 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the reference. The last two male Wynnes of my branch (my Grandmothe'rs brothers) went to the USA in the early 20th Century and we have lost touch with them. The sisters all married and the name Wynne now survives only as second names, but only as far as my generation.

Thanks again
Myfanwy

Offline Rol

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 24 August 10 01:24 BST (UK) »

I dont know to be honest - I know there are Wynne family papers ...

You perhaps both realise this,  but for the benefit of subsequent readers of this thread it may just be worth mentioning that by going to the National Library of Wales's ISYSWeb access page and entering Plas Wyn into the search field one can pull up the full schedule of those papers (first in date:  1753).

Before too long their ISYS software is due to be phased out,  so the above link will stop working and access will be via the library's Main Catalogue.  However,  the same statement was supposed to be true at least two years ago,  so breath-holding is not yet recommended!  (Also,  if an irritating download pop-up box appears,  the best stratagem is to delete it,  hit the Back key and press Search again -- probably a sign that ISYSWeb is getting long in the tooth.)

Rol

(Crown and other relevant copyrights acknowledged, including - but without limitation to - census information from wwwnationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline TJereb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 15 February 15 12:26 GMT (UK) »
I am a direct descendant of John and Rebecca Wynne (who were first cousins!!) of New Hall which is still there but now a hotel.
My mothers father was Richard Wynne great grandson of John and Rebecca. Unfortunately the name has died out on this side of the family too as my grandparents only had one son but he died as a child.

Offline TJereb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 15 February 15 12:28 GMT (UK) »
John and Rebecca Wynne were married in June 1838