Author Topic: mcgowans  (Read 4183 times)

Offline vinty222

• I am sorry but my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
mcgowans
« on: Tuesday 27 September 05 07:26 BST (UK) »
 lost mcgowans im searching for anyword of were the mcgowans were born in ireland, they were patrick and margaret , her single name was dearin, before she married patrick, they left ireland about 1850 and went to scotland, were he worked  in the mines , they had 5 children before they left and there was another 2 in scotland, patrick was killed in a mining acc. in 1857 and margaret died in 1862 the childrens names were john katherine margaret william  bridget  patrick and mary,
                   yours sincerly patrick mcgowan 

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: mcgowans
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 29 December 05 23:42 GMT (UK) »
Hello Patrick,

Looking at your request, I know Ray Mc Gowan in Portlaoise for the last 20 years, he is around 45 years.
I was in Portarlington cemetery and noticed the name Mc Gowan, I had'nt time to index the name, but if you think these are of use, I will go back and record the headstones. At least it's a start.
I will keep you informed of any other Mc Gowans I come across
Happy New Year
Jack

Offline vinty222

• I am sorry but my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: mcgowans
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 05 July 07 17:58 BST (UK) »
 hi sean mac. just seen your message about the mcgowans, i never found out yet  what county they came from , so you can try for me if you possibly can, i know they left ireland about 1850 as the youngest son was born 1849 there, they had two more children in lanarkshire , i know the fathers name was patrick mcgowan  born about 1814, and the wife was called margaret deary are dearin, i have her death cert as well as the fathers ,  she died 1862 and he died in 1857 in a mining acc,, the children were all young, margaret had her father down as a farmer and his name was  i think kenny deary are the same dearin as they changet there names to suit the spelling in the sences in scotland, this is all for now  thank you for looking it up for me
                patrick mcgowan