Author Topic: Photographs linking to Sheffield, Derbyshire, Southport, Manchester  (Read 7438 times)

Offline Brett

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Photographs linking to Sheffield, Derbyshire, Southport, Manchester
« Reply #9 on: Monday 16 February 09 08:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Audrey - I'm not quite sure why I never received a notification of your post, but I'm sorry not to have responded - rather a long time ago now!  I'm afraid that I haven't any information on George Jones, since my speciality is Derbyshire.  You might like to try here:
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~liverpoolphotographers/

Regards and best wishes, Brett

Offline willow154

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mum - Such love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 17 February 09 01:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brett,
Just came across your post and thought you might be interested in reading through my recent post:
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,345720.60.html
Congratulations on your wonderful site. It was a great help to me when I first found my husband's ancestors' album - especially the feature on Richard Keene.
Tahnk you.
Paulene :)

Offline Brett

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 17 February 09 01:51 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Paulene.  I would very much like to use images of your photos by Keene on my site, if you'd care to share them, please.  You can get in touch by email via my site.  Regards, Brett

Offline willow154

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mum - Such love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 17 February 09 13:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brett + anyone else interested,
Yes, I will be in touch. Pity you are so far away - there are still many photos in this album that I am trying to date, and discover reasons why they are in there (associations, etc). Do you ever come over to England, Brett?
I didn't pick up on the fact that Fox Talbot was an associate of Richard Keene until I read through this time. I have a photo of a photo of a print by Fox Talbot (strange faces!) - I've always wondered why it was in the album.
I often wondered what would have been Charles Richards' fate if he hadn't died at the age of 21 - whether he would have been as wwll known as Richard Keene, or Samuel Kirk. We will never know. So sad - the family must have been devastated!
P.S. There is a photo of a little child (I would have said boy - but the child looks as if it is holding a doll) and every time I look at it I wonder if it is one of the children in my own photo. (It is in the Richard Keene collection on Brett's site).
Tell me what you think.

Offline willow154

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mum - Such love
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 08 March 09 02:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brett,
Just to let you know I emailed eight photographs off to you, a couple of days ago.
Not heard anything from you, so just hoping I got the email address right :-\
Sorry it took me a while to send them off - I rescanned them all at 800dpi to make sure they were good images. All the backs are scanned, too, at 600dpi.
Hope you like them.
Kind regards.

Offline Brett

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 08 March 09 03:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paulene, and yes I have received the images, thank you.  I have fired off a response, but will get back to you with more when I've had a chance to look at them properly.  Regards and best wishes, Brett