Author Topic: 1881 census lookup please  (Read 1211 times)

Offline nora T

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
1881 census lookup please
« on: Sunday 15 August 04 17:29 BST (UK) »
i know the 1881 census is on the LDS site,but the birth place it gives for my CHARLOTTE SIMMS is hopeless,it gives Tynemouth Derby,i just wondered if any one had the 1881, and could make out the place of birth better,       the head is RALPH SIMMS  census place Tyldesley Cum Shakerley Lancashire PRO reference RG11 Piece/Folio 3811/13  Page no.21. if that makes any sense to any one, and they could do a look up, i would be very grateful. thank you , regards nora.           
i am researching the timmis family salop. staffs, and cheshire, also the culverwell family, congleton cheshire,and staffs.also jervis, jarvis, staffs and wales,also reece, staffs and dudley

Offline peterbennett

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Samuel if ever an Ag Lab looked like one it was he
    • View Profile
Re: 1881 census lookup please
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 15 August 04 18:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Nora
            Hows things,
 I don't have the census pages for 1881 but in the 1891 Charlotte's birthplace is given as Tynemouth Devonshire its an error on the 1881. See scan

regards

peterbennett
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline nora T

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 15 August 04 18:21 BST (UK) »
thanks so much petterbennett, thats a big help, i could not find any thing like tynemouth in derby, and my dad thought they came from devon , it gives me something to go on. thanks again nora : :-*
i am researching the timmis family salop. staffs, and cheshire, also the culverwell family, congleton cheshire,and staffs.also jervis, jarvis, staffs and wales,also reece, staffs and dudley

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 15 August 04 20:34 BST (UK) »
Hi nora,

I'm sure you have got there, but for Tynemouth, Devonshire, read Teignmouth.

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline peterbennett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 16 August 04 10:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Nora
            Sorry I forgot to ask if you would like the details of the 1891 census there seems to be two families of Simms from Staffs living next door to one another.

peterbennett
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline nora T

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 16 August 04 11:47 BST (UK) »
thanks little nell, the only tynemouth i could find was up north tyne and weir, gordy land, and i knew she was,nt born there, teigmouth it must be , thanks again regards nora

Offline nora T

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 16 August 04 11:51 BST (UK) »
hello petterbennet, yes i would love details of the two familys on the 1891 cant wait  thanks again regards nora

Offline peterbennett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 21 August 04 12:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Nora

here are the two Simms families

Name:    Simms, Ralph
Age in 1891:    56 
Relation:    Head 
Where Born:    Congleton, Cheshire

Civil parish:    Little Hulton 
Ecclesiastical parish:    Peel 
Town:     
County:    Lancashire 

Street address:  24 Manchester Road

Name Age in 1891 Birthplace Relationship to head-of-house Civil parish

Simms, Ralph 56 Congleton, Cheshire Head  Little Hulton  Lancashire
Simms, Charlotte 57 Tynemouth, Devon Wife  Little Hulton  Lancashire
Simms, Catherin Ann 17 Chesterton w, Staffordshire Daughter  Little Hulton  Lancashire
Simms, Francis 14 Chesterton w, Staffordshire Son  Little Hulton  Lancashire   

26 Manchester Road

Simms, Ephraim 30 Chesterton, North staffs Head  Little Hulton  Lancashire   
Simms, Mary Ellen 30 Tyldesley, Lancashire Wife  Little Hulton  Lancashire
Simms, John 8.12 Little Hinton, Lancashire Son  Little Hulton  Lancashire
Simms, Wilford 5 Little Hinton, Lancashire Son  Little Hulton  Lancashire
Simms, Estelle 2 Little Hinton, Lancashire Daughter  Little Hulton  Lancashire 

Source information:    RG12/3098
Registration district:    Bolton 
Sub registration district:    Hulton 
ED, institution, or vessel:    3 
Folio:    53 
Page:    2

regards

peterbennett

Offline nora T

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 21 August 04 13:24 BST (UK) »
thanks so much petterbennett, yes they are both my simms [ charlotte culverwell] married ralph simms and the other family is their sons family, charlotte had a brother ephraim, but he was born at congleton,and was only 7 years younger than charlotte. also these census,s keep insisting charlotte was born at TYNEMOUTH devon and i was sure little nell was right and that it is TEIGMOUTH devon,  back to the drawing board,  thanks again petterbennett , another piece of the jig saw just been fitted in. regards nora