Author Topic: Oliver Family (Farmers) at Augansallagh or Lislane, Balteagh, Londonderry  (Read 8805 times)

Offline Liam010

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Oliver Family (Farmers) at Augansallagh or Lislane, Balteagh, Londonderry
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 18 August 18 02:44 BST (UK) »
I am in search of documented ancestral line of Olivers from Lislane and or Londonderry area who left their home land for the Americas around 1799 - 1800.  We have DNA results connecting our American Olivers to their Irish forefathers unfortunately, we do not have documented departures or arrivals nor - more importantly, given names for the head of family and his wife.   

Though many decades have  I been searching for ancestors, I feel the more Novice as the search gets further from my own locale in NW Ohio, USA.  This I know: yDNA markers give me the potential for ancestors in Londonderry, Ireland and Ayershire, Scotland.  Circumstantially; the males Christian names in my family repeat generation upon generation .... Samuel, James, John, William, etc.  The arrived in the Colonies of America, possibly Boston, prior to 1750, as at least .

Their is some DNA and research notes that indicate a strong possibility the the Lislane, Balteagh, Londonderry OLIVERs are related, however, the connercting Heads for the connection are missing.

Among these posting there is mention of a Brian Mitchell of Derry Genealogical Centre did some research on the Lislane, Balteagh, Londonderry Family.  If at all possible, I would enjoy making contact with this Gentleman.

In addition, I would enjoy contact with anyone who has knowledge of this/these branches of OLIVERs.

I would certainly be pleased to share any research information that I do have.

Respectfully,
     Liam, aka Bill
     -=-
OLIVER, McMAHAN, HARPER, BENSON

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 18 August 18 08:44 BST (UK) »
Just google Derry Genealogy Centre to get contact details.

There are still Olivers at Lislane  :)
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Liam010

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 18 August 18 13:54 BST (UK) »
Hello,
     Thank you so much for the double clue to my query!
     Respectfully,
     Liam aka Bill
     -=-

Offline Liam010

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 19 August 18 17:05 BST (UK) »
Samuel OLIVER from 96th District, South Carolina m. Mary "Polly" Elizabeth McMAHAN, dau  of John Samuel McMAHAN and Mary "Polly" Elizabeth OLIVER in Christian County, Kentucky ca 1814 is my brickwall.  Suspect Boston as entree port.  This Samuel OLIVER has yDNA match to OLIVER from Lislane, Londonderry.
TY, Respectfully,
Liam aka Bill
-=-