Author Topic: Duntocher families  (Read 204044 times)

Offline theostler

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Duntocher families
« Reply #432 on: Monday 03 December 18 13:09 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Helen, your help is really appreciated.

Offline Debbie in B.C.

• RootsChat Senior
  • Gretta Coyle 1924 - 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: Monday 03 December 18 17:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi Steven,

You are on the right track with the family.  John Gallacher was a coal merchant,  I have 3 sources citing that.  I think he is listed as such in the 1891 census, again in the 1894  General Directory "Duntocher General Directory - Gallacher John, Coal Dealer, 27 Old Street, Duntocher"  and then again on a marriage certificate of John Gallacher and Rachel Finlay.

Here is the link to my public ancestry tree, check it out, and feel free to make use of any relevant documents that I have uploaded on the family.  This link should get you to John Gallacher's page
https://www.ancestry.ca/family-tree/person/tree/108443933/person/250065473233/facts

I can also send you a descendant report on the family if you would like to pm me your  main email address.

Your Grandmother Fanny Frances - she married Andrew Anderson.  Which one of their children is your line?

Nice to meet you cousin!

Deb
Stewart, Moore, Murray, McLure, Beaton, McIntyre, Sinclair, Barr, Burnside, Welsh, Barker, McGibbon, Harrison, Gallacher/Gallagher, Hedley

Offline theostler

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: Monday 03 December 18 18:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Deb,

Nice to make contact with long lost cousins...

Thanks for the info thus far, I'll send my email address via PM shortly.  My grandmother was Annie Anderson, who was the youngest of six.

Mary, 1890-1974
Jeanie (1893-)
Andrew (1896-1918)
Hannah (1902-)
George (1903- )
Annie (1910-1991)

Obviously, none of her other brothers and sisters are alive, but I don't have full information as to dates, etc yet.

I'll send that email address shortly with any other info I can about the remainder of the family.  I can't post any of it here as my immediate family are all still alive and I have no permission to share any of that information publicly. 

Thanks again, take care.

Steven

Offline Debbie in B.C.

• RootsChat Senior
  • Gretta Coyle 1924 - 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: Monday 03 December 18 19:08 GMT (UK) »
No worries!  I will keep an eye out for your pm and send off what I have to you.

I also have a fair bit of information on Daniel Sinclair... and I am actively looking for more on him... he married Hannah Anderson. 
Have you done the ancestry dna yet?  It has thrown up some surprising results in my own tree.

Deb
Stewart, Moore, Murray, McLure, Beaton, McIntyre, Sinclair, Barr, Burnside, Welsh, Barker, McGibbon, Harrison, Gallacher/Gallagher, Hedley

Offline Helen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: Tuesday 04 December 18 02:29 GMT (UK) »
To Steve - you're welcome.
To my wonderful cousin Deb - thanks for the swift response, I wasn't expecting you to be on board yet. xx
Scotland: Cuthbertson, Mochan, Stewart, Murray, McLure, Lynch.  England: Maughan, Porter, Johnston, Dale

Offline WC Crow

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: Monday 13 May 19 18:10 BST (UK) »
Hi All...
I am doing some research after a long break on the Croziers of Duntocher... my great grandfather was Robert Crozier, grandfather William... all lived around New St, William St. Other family names in the chain... Renton, Sweenie (Sweeny, Sweeney etc. lol). Any info or conversation is welcome! Thanks

Offline myyran

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: Monday 13 May 19 21:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Theostler, I see you are looking for info regarding Police station in Duntocher. My father was a constable who was based in the station. willing to help as much as I can. Also there are lots of Gallacher's still living in the village although there are a few different families. They would all have been connected if you went back in history.Myyran.
Stevenson,Wright,  Antrim, Armagh.
McGowan,McGregor, Wright, Alexandria.   Grattan, McCauley. Ireland

Offline myyran

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: Monday 13 May 19 22:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Aynn, I can see you posted some time ago. Just to let you know there is still a lot of Gallachers  live in Duntocher. There is also a website called  Duntocher past and Present which you may find useful. Myyran

Offline myyran

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: Monday 13 May 19 22:35 BST (UK) »
Hi WC Crow, I'm sure the spelling you would be looking for is Sweeney. The are 2 websites that could maybe help you...scotlandspeople  and Duntocher past and Present. good luck!