Author Topic: Birth Look Up  (Read 4065 times)

58holden

Birth Look Up
« on: Tuesday 17 August 04 07:24 BST (UK) »
Can AKS find out if JOHN APPERLEY and SOPHIA EVANS had any other children other then JOHN APPERLEY born 1809. This was Johns second marriage to Sophia, can anyone find children that John had please? I can not seem to find any but the one. Maybe that was all but I doubt it as the times said there would be more children.

cheers Nicola

Offline Darcy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Searching for little needles in big haystacks
    • View Profile
Re: Birth Look Up
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 29 August 04 11:00 BST (UK) »

Hello Nicola  ;D

as you have discovered there is only one baptism on the IGI for John & Sophia Apperley.

Although many couples had large families back then, it wasn't always the case.

My 2nd great grandmother appears to have had no surviving siblings. I know she had an elder sister but as I have found no trace of her I believe she died in childhood. 

Unfortunately we are talking about a time before registration so not possible to trace other children that way.

Have you tried the 1841 census? - although, as it was John's second marriage he might be too old for that as well.

Sorry I can't offer you more help  :(.

Aaron

Fisher, Pitts, Lucas, Emmit, Keal, Bennett, Maddock, Jackson, Pidd, Lincolnshire <br />Bullock, Read, White, Gloucestershire.<br />Shepherd, Foyle, Crowter, Green, Wiltshire<br />Strickland, Fisher, Butterworth, Brown, Northhamptonshire<br />Shepherd, Bullock, Waterhouse, Lancashire
Fisher, Goodwin, Rutland
<br /><br /><br /> Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk