Author Topic: My Surname Interests  (Read 6562 times)

Offline AmyUK

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: My Surname Interests
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 16 October 05 15:59 BST (UK) »
Amy - I m looking for Chapmans from around the Ware area and slightly over the border into Essex - specifically Mary Ann Chapman born Berden Essex c 1841 married Samuel Barrett from Hoddesdon and Elizabeth Chapman who also married into the Barret family a generation earlier (to James, Samuel's father at Broxbourne in 1833).  She was born in Roydon, Essex.

Any likelihood of a link?

Hi,

I'm not sure of a link at the moment, my Great Great Grandmothers name was Sarah Chapman Petts, but i am sure her mothers maiden name was Rainbird so i don't know where the Chapman comes in. I think her family only came from Ware, i don't know of any connection to Essex. I will have a proper look and see if i can come up with anything.

edit:
have consulted my data, her mothers name was Bangs and not Rainbird, the Chapman comes from Sarah's aunt Sarah Bangs who married a James Chapman.

Amy
SUSSEX - Linscer, Lincer, Linser
EAST LONDON - Watts, Sale, Steel
STRATFORD UPON AVON - Sale
WESTMINSTER & WANDSWORTH- Powell, Bevis
WARE, HERTFORDSHIRE - Adams, Bangs, Petts
AYRSHIRE - Young, Armour, Buchanan, Murray

Offline sjsbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 24 October 05 17:26 BST (UK) »
Amy - I m looking for Chapmans from around the Ware area and slightly over the border into Essex - specifically Mary Ann Chapman born Berden Essex c 1841 married Samuel Barrett from Hoddesdon and Elizabeth Chapman who also married into the Barret family a generation earlier (to James, Samuel's father at Broxbourne in 1833). She was born in Roydon, Essex.

Any likelihood of a link?

Hi,

I have lots of information from Berden

Mary Ann Chapman was born c1841 and baptised 1 August 1841.  She was the daughter of John and Elizabeth.  John Chapman was born in Stocking Pelham c1816 and Elizabeth born in Chelsea c1816.

We have the baptism record and saw the family on the 1851 census in Berden, Mary Ann has a brother called Daniel baptised 10 December 1843.

Hope this helps

Sue
SCOTLAND: Scotland, Morrison, Bonnella, Third,
LINCOLNSHIRE: Bell, King, Emerson, Leesing, Canty, Cutting, Fox,
GLOUCESTERSHIRE: Antill, Onslow, Crook, Jenkins,
LANCASHIRE: Hall, Mayson, Dearden,
WILTSHIRE: Sloper, King, Willis, Stockwell,
ESSEX: Stone, Webb, Smith, Hawkins, Frye,
SOMERSET: Harrison, Jones,

Offline ggrocott

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I will find them eventually!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 24 October 05 17:39 BST (UK) »
Thanks Sue your help is much appreciated
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Tagg, Bowyer (Berkshire/Surrey), Adams, Small, Pratt, Coles, Stevens, Cox (Bucks), Grocott, Slater, Dean, Hill (Staffs/Shropshire), Holloway, Flint, Warrington,Turnbull (London), Montague, Barrett (Herts), Hayward (Kent), Gallon, Knight, Ede, Tribe, Bunn, Northeast, Nicholds (Sussex) Penduck, Pinnell, Yeeles (Gloucs), Johns (Monmouth and Devon), Head (Bath), Tedbury, Bowyer (Somerset), Chapman, Barrett (Herts/Essex)