Author Topic: birth - Thomas H Brew  (Read 6515 times)

Offline rcorris

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: birth - Thomas H Brew
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 06 October 05 04:30 BST (UK) »
I do remember it being difficult to find out exactly how one requests a certificate from IOM - and being from Australia it was made more difficult by the fact they didn't have credit card facilities and it would have cost me as much to get a bank cheque in pounds as the certificate itself!  In the end I went through a certificate service person (I'm sorry, I can't remember who I used). 

I think you might just have to contact them to find out how to do it - they definately do not have an online service, more's the pity.  I'm pretty sure they sent me a paper form to fill in.

Alternatively, if you have a local LDS centre, you could see if the marriage entry appears in the parish register - I think this is the most likely film:
"Register of Church of England baptisms, burials and marriages in: Kirkonchan ... Marriages 1886-1911 ..." Film no. 454980.  According to Brian's site these registers have the same information you would expect to find on a certificate (but I have never seen these films so I couldn't say for sure).

Cheers,
Ruth
Bouncing emails

England: Green, Povey, Bedford, Bridgland, Catlin, Patton
Scotland: Fraser, Kennedy, Kelly, Hean, Higgins
Isle of Man: Corris, Faragher, Corkill, Shimmin

Offline sharriegi

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: birth - Thomas H Brew
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 09 July 16 21:02 BST (UK) »
I wonder if this brew is related to my brews? Elizabeth Maude Brew born 16/12/1926 her father is Edward Brew but her mother died and he remarried.her siblings were Edward brew who married Joan and sister called ruby, also step sister called Helena Caley and others. My grandmother has just pasted away so no death cert as yet. Death 03/07/2016