Author Topic: Strange, but true...  (Read 10896 times)

Offline Kazza

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
Re: Strange, but true...
« Reply #27 on: Monday 16 August 04 00:25 BST (UK) »
Glad you had a good time Valerie,

Genealogists pop up everywhere don't they.   ;D

Kazza.
Welsh Lass
Surname interests:
Clementsten, Hobson, Hole, Marden, O'Clements, Pitten, Sharland, Vickery (Vicary), Williams.

Area Interests:
Cardiff, Bampton, Bideford, Crediton, Wollaston, Somerset, Tidenham, Norway, Australia to Bristol.

Offline GRACELAND

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Elvis Presley* ARTIST OF THE CENTURY..*
    • View Profile
Ghosts ?
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 17 August 04 16:16 BST (UK) »
 :o   Strange topic , :D      GHOSTS..
          How many of you ,
             A, Think you have seen one ?
             B. SEEN ONE !
             C. Know some body else who has ?
             D. Had a strange feeling someone else was in a room with you but no one around ?
             E. Belive there is ghosts ,

And if there are why can't thay help find our ancestors ??    :D

God Knew Elvis was Tired so he called him to rest !................
"I like it well done, Cooked. I ain't orderin' a pet."
--Elvis Presley, On Meat
"Don't be like nobody else or you'll be livin' a lie, and that ain't livin'."
--Elvis Presley, On Individuality

Offline Kazza

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 17 August 04 16:25 BST (UK) »
Graceland,

I have merged Ghosts into this thread as there are several stories here that could be interpreted at help from the other side.

Kazza.
Welsh Lass
Surname interests:
Clementsten, Hobson, Hole, Marden, O'Clements, Pitten, Sharland, Vickery (Vicary), Williams.

Area Interests:
Cardiff, Bampton, Bideford, Crediton, Wollaston, Somerset, Tidenham, Norway, Australia to Bristol.

Offline sylvia

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 18 August 04 05:24 BST (UK) »
OHHHHHHHH.
I really have to answer this one.
Many years ago when i lived in England.before i was born .I had a cousin who liked to come round to mom's house to spoil my brother.The one day she had been told not to come.She was i believe a good little girl aged about 7 at the time and she disobeyed her parents which was unlike her .got her bike and was on her way to play with my brother.Bernard.She never reached our house and was killed on the corner of my street three houses away.My brother was waiting for her and saw it all.I saw many photo's of her so she was familiar to me.We eventually left that house and after my brother left home to get married i moved into his old bedroom.
One night i woke up looked in the corner of the bedroom and saw this little girl looking at me.I was probaby about 18 at the time but still alarmed. I dived under the bed cloth's and did not emerge till morning.When I did get up I flew down the stairs and you could not see my backside for dust.I ran to my mother as white as a sheet saying I saw a little girl in the corner last night.My mom  tried to consol me but there was no way I was going back into that bedroom to sleep again.I sent my younger sis in there she had no problems and she aways wanted that bedroom anyway ;D  and  I dont think anyone ever  told her of my exprience.I think it was Maralyn looking for  my brother.When he my brother came round to see us he said why has Sylv moved out of my old bedroom? Has she seen that little girl!!!Mom said yes .He said its only Maralyn looking for me. :(I dont know if she ever found him again .maybe 3 moves may have been to much for her :(
 Even more to come.
                                  :-[ Strange but true.(Ii)
Delaney and cooks of  and Bilston,staffordshire.
Cook.Cartwright.of Sedgley .
Edwards,Evans,Lawley of Kidderminster and W,Ton
Jeavons.Herobin.Wolverhampton,Staffordshire.
Churchills,Pearsall,Evans.Johnsons,
 of Dudley Worcestershire.and Staffs.

Offline sylvia

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 18 August 04 06:39 BST (UK) »
Another short story for you good folk of roots chat.
I was in the same house as I was in what i  saw the little girl in previously.I was up late one evening reading a book with the family dog sitting at my feet.All of a sudden the dog sat bolt upright and looking into the corner of the loungeroom with the hairs standing up on the back of his neck ,Teeth barred and  growling at something !What! I dont know.I do know he could see something that I couldnt and it was scairy.I slowly dropped my feet to the floor and ran up the stair's like a bat out of hell with the dog hot on my heels. I dived into my bed and didn't move till morning.I didnt push the dog off my feet either.He was allowed to stay that night.  ???

Delaney and cooks of  and Bilston,staffordshire.
Cook.Cartwright.of Sedgley .
Edwards,Evans,Lawley of Kidderminster and W,Ton
Jeavons.Herobin.Wolverhampton,Staffordshire.
Churchills,Pearsall,Evans.Johnsons,
 of Dudley Worcestershire.and Staffs.

Offline MrsLizzy

• I am very sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • A Woman Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 20 August 04 22:25 BST (UK) »
Graceland you have not been paying attention!  Go to the bottom of the class!

Loads of us have already told you we have seen and felt ghosts/presences!

No, seriously, yes I have seen my little cat Gorby, which is disconcerting to say the least, when you've just buried him about 170 miles away under a quince bush.  Himself has also seen him, which made him go a bit quiet, having taken the mick out of me mercilessly for it.

There was also the unseen and uninvited guest at my mother's house in Lincolnshire, which must have been bored because he/she/it used to plague the life out of her poor little dog, until I bawled it out and told it to pack it in.  After that it just pushed the Christmas tree over, smashed the decorations, but appears to have packed its bags and gone since then.

I also smelt my grandmother's unique fragrance, you know the combination of the different products someone uses, that makes their distinct aroma, rather than a definable perfume like lavender or roses - that's happened a couple of times.  It's lovely to feel she's around because I loved her to bits.  A medium told me once that my grandmother was with me and sometimes moved things to let me know.  Given that I am terribly disorganised, she is on a loser if she's expecting me to notice .  .  . !  ;D ;D ;D
Connell (Mayo & Lancs 19th/20th c) Culling (Norfolk & London 19th c) Diss (Essex) Giesen (UK only 19th/20th c) Hackney (London) Henbest (Kent & Sussex) Hughes (Mayo to Burnley, Lancs & Edward, Parachute Regiment 40s, 50s) Lister (London) Maltby (Marylebone) Mayo (Glos) Nials Noquet (Huguenot) Phillips (S London) Poulain (France & London) Rayner (Halstead, Essex) Pratt (Kent & Sussex) Redfearn (London) Silk Speller (Rodings, Essex) Thompson (S London) Thurley Trundle Wade Westley

Offline GRACELAND

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 24 August 04 17:16 BST (UK) »
wops   ;D
--Elvis Presley, On Meat

Offline GRACELAND

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 24 August 04 17:21 BST (UK) »
Have any one had the felling that they have been here before ?
         When i was young  :o
         Mum & dad move house and when i steped in the house i knew i had been there before  :-\  and to this day i still remember that feeling
                       Strange but true !!!
--Elvis Presley, On Meat

Offline MrsLizzy

• I am very sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • A Woman Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 24 August 04 20:28 BST (UK) »
Yes I have a strong feeling I have been here before many times and that I have always screwed up big time, but that this time I have made up some lost ground!

It's nice when you meet someone for the first time and they seem like an old, old friend, isn't it?
Connell (Mayo & Lancs 19th/20th c) Culling (Norfolk & London 19th c) Diss (Essex) Giesen (UK only 19th/20th c) Hackney (London) Henbest (Kent & Sussex) Hughes (Mayo to Burnley, Lancs & Edward, Parachute Regiment 40s, 50s) Lister (London) Maltby (Marylebone) Mayo (Glos) Nials Noquet (Huguenot) Phillips (S London) Poulain (France & London) Rayner (Halstead, Essex) Pratt (Kent & Sussex) Redfearn (London) Silk Speller (Rodings, Essex) Thompson (S London) Thurley Trundle Wade Westley