Author Topic: catholic parish registers wicklow 1830's  (Read 12388 times)

Offline kmdryd

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
catholic parish registers wicklow 1830's
« on: Friday 07 October 05 15:59 BST (UK) »
I am looking for the bap. of Bridget Penrose born circa. 1833-34. Barriederrie (various spellings) Wicklow. I have been told that this is in the parish of Rathdrum.   Bridgets parents were Christopher and Catherine Penrose (nee Doyle)   She had sisters Ann born circa. 1830 and Esther born circa. 1832. 
I know a record exists for her bap. because a family member visited Wicklow and found the info. but the family member does not want to pass it on to me for what-ever-reason ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
We all find some "weird" people in our family at times!
Thank you for any help.
Kathleen
Frost, Jarvis, Bower, King, Whiles, Dawson, Ross, McKenzie, Clemson, Eagles, Stanton, Gale, Sharpe, Newson, Hines, Howard, Williams, Watkins, Cupitt, Penrose,Carey, Tuck, Malyon, Moore, Bensley, Nunn, Doyle.

Offline Brian1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: catholic parish registers wicklow 1830's
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 12 October 05 18:33 BST (UK) »
Don't know if this will help, but try the following website.
www.cmcrp.net/Wicklow/ArklowB1.htm
Hope you have some success.
Brian
Arnold ( Lancs ). Gordon ( Lancs, Scotland ). Dowling. ( Ireland, England, Massachusetts, Australia, Buenos Aires ) Pugh ( Pew) ( Cheshire & Lancs). Cordial ( Ireland )

Offline Debbie in B.C.

• RootsChat Senior
  • Gretta Coyle 1924 - 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 12 October 05 18:50 BST (UK) »
You might try writing a letter to the Priest at the Rathdrum Church.  According to this site http://www.rootsweb.com/~fianna/county/wicklow/wiccoi.html
the registers from 1706 are in the custody of the local Church.
Perhaps enclosing a little donation for the church might help pave the way for a look up in the register?

Rathdrum Parish and Church Information
Roman Catholic
Church of St. Mary & St. Michael, Rathdrum
P.P: Very Rev Fr. Timothy Hannon Tel: (0404) 46229
Curate: Rev. Noel Campbell, Tel: (0404) 46214
Mass Times:
Sat Vigil: 6.00pm, Sunday: 12.00 noon,
Mon. - Fri: 9.00am
Confessions:
Saturday; 11.00am and as announced

Good luck!!!
Stewart, Moore, Murray, McLure, Beaton, McIntyre, Sinclair, Barr, Burnside, Welsh, Barker, McGibbon, Harrison, Gallacher/Gallagher, Hedley

Offline kmdryd

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 13 October 05 12:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Brian and Debbie.........
Brian, I looked at that website but unfortunately I didn,t find my family......I appreciate your post...........
Debbie........it certainly makes sense to write to the parish priest which I will do this weekend......thank you for spending your time on my problem...
best wishes to you all
Kathleen
Frost, Jarvis, Bower, King, Whiles, Dawson, Ross, McKenzie, Clemson, Eagles, Stanton, Gale, Sharpe, Newson, Hines, Howard, Williams, Watkins, Cupitt, Penrose,Carey, Tuck, Malyon, Moore, Bensley, Nunn, Doyle.

Offline Brian1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 13 October 05 14:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Kathleen,
Sorry you didn't get a result  from the website. The idea of Debbie's is a good one as I did the same thing in Galway and the priest sent me a letter with all of the family marriages, births etc , not just the one I requested.
Good luck
Brian
Arnold ( Lancs ). Gordon ( Lancs, Scotland ). Dowling. ( Ireland, England, Massachusetts, Australia, Buenos Aires ) Pugh ( Pew) ( Cheshire & Lancs). Cordial ( Ireland )

Offline Debbie in B.C.

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 13 October 05 17:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Kathleen,

let us know the outcome!!

All the best - Debbie   :)
Stewart, Moore, Murray, McLure, Beaton, McIntyre, Sinclair, Barr, Burnside, Welsh, Barker, McGibbon, Harrison, Gallacher/Gallagher, Hedley

Offline kmdryd

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 14 October 05 09:12 BST (UK) »
Dear Brian ;Dwouldn't it be wonderful if I was lucky enough to get the same result as you ;) ;) 
Debbie ;D Thanks for the good wishes.  I will let you know the results. ;D
Thanks again guys for your time. :D :D :D :D
kathleen

Offline kmdryd

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 30 October 05 07:13 GMT (UK) »
Dear Brian and Debbie.........my "cuz" did finally send me Bridgets Bap.  which was 30.12.1834..........at last, after 21 years of searching. I just get too impatient some times......my only vice!  LOL!!! ::) ::) ::) ::)
Thanks again for your help. ;D ;D
Kathleen

Offline Debbie in B.C.

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 30 October 05 17:42 GMT (UK) »
Wow... only 21 years of waiting???  LOL!  I'm very glad to hear that there was a fabulous outcome to the story.   :) :)