Author Topic: Wynne's in Wales  (Read 1264 times)

Offline texas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Wynne's in Wales
« on: Sunday 09 October 05 10:35 BST (UK) »
I am looking for advice on how to find out information on
David Wynne (born 1785 in Denbigh) married Elizabeth Hughes. He worked as a Labourer in Rhydgaled, Denbigh. His son Robert was born on 24th December 1809 and married Mary Dryhurst in 1834. Robert worked as a Shoemaker in Denbigh. Robert and Mary's children's names are Mary, Pierce, Price (Pryce), Llewellyn, Louisa, Robert and Walter. Some of the children go by their mothers maiden name Dryhurst. I am not sure what this means. If anyone can tell me how to procede it would be greatly appreciated.
Wynne, North Wales, England, Australia
Mackay, Victoria Australia, Scotland
Hughes, Queensland Australia
Williams, North Wales
Spalding, Scotland

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline SarahTony2002

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wynne's in Wales
« Reply #1 on: Friday 21 July 17 19:03 BST (UK) »
Hi
I am a direct descendant of the Wynne family you describe. Robert Wynne the shoemaker from Denbigh was my great great great grandfather. His son Walter Dryhurst Wynne was my great great grandfather and his daughter Louisa Jane Wynne was my great grandmother. The children who have the Dryhurst name tend to have it as a middle name, and they still have Wynne as a surname. How are you connected to this family. I am currently researching this family branch but don't have much more information than you at the present time. Please feel free to contact me. Best regards
Sarah Whittam-Howsam
email (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.