Author Topic: robert ellis  (Read 1832 times)

Offline mavise

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
robert ellis
« on: Sunday 09 October 05 17:16 BST (UK) »
I am trying to trace my ancestor.  He was born in Tryddyn about 1800.  Can any one help?

Offline Peterej

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: robert ellis
« Reply #1 on: Monday 10 October 05 00:04 BST (UK) »
Hi

There is no-one in the 1861 census with the description that you provide. There are possibilities however but in order to eliminate some do you have any other details such as where he might be in 1861 or his wife and family or perhaps even his occupation?

Peterej
Jones, Edwards, Davies, Owen, Benjamin , Hughes , Roberts,Thomas,Williams, Wynne , Griffiths, Howells, Rowlands etc etc
plus
Thomas,Trewren,Holmes,Thirlwall,Jones again & again
& more

"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline mavise

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 10 October 05 19:41 BST (UK) »
Hi
I am afraid I know very little.  He was an engineer and was marrried to someone called Mary who came from Mold.

He must have moved to Newcastle under Lyme, but he did have a daughter called Elizabeth in 1820 who was born in Tryddyn.

Sorry that is about all I know about him

Offline Peterej

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 10 October 05 22:31 BST (UK) »
sorry but I have drawn a blank and can only assume they had died by 1861. The 1851 census is going online shortly and it may be worth reposting your query in a week or two.
I do not have the 1841 census for Flintshire but of course he may have moved on by then.
You do have some information and wonder whether you can work backwards from Elizabeth. Do you know her married name so I can check where she says she was born in later censuses in case it was not Tryddyn. I have a few relatives born there who sometimes say Hope, Mold or Wrexham!

Peterej
Jones, Edwards, Davies, Owen, Benjamin , Hughes , Roberts,Thomas,Williams, Wynne , Griffiths, Howells, Rowlands etc etc
plus
Thomas,Trewren,Holmes,Thirlwall,Jones again & again
& more

"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"