Author Topic: Canterbury Cathedral Registers 1564-1878 look up offer  (Read 1915 times)

Offline southee

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Canterbury Cathedral Registers 1564-1878 look up offer
« on: Thursday 19 August 04 03:41 BST (UK) »
hello Adrian,

I am doing surname research on the Kentish name of Southee, They were actually in around Canterbury since the late 1500's. I notice you are doing March one of the earlier Southee's married an Elizabeth Marsh who are the Matraches of a long line of my family. I also notice you are doing NZ. I live in New Zealand so would be willing to find things for you also. Would you be able to look up the Canterbury Catheral Register for any southee,s mentioned. I beleve their name was orginally spelt southe in the late 1500's but from the 1600 became southee. Any help you are able to give me I would be greatful for
Southee Southee

Offline Adi1962

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Canterbury Cathedral Registers 1564-1878 look up offer
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 19 August 04 13:38 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I have 7 entries. 1 Birth, 5 Marriages and 1 Death.

Is the name SOUTHEY also of interest as 4 of the above relate to them.

The SOUTHEE ones are:-

Marriages

1716 January 22nd - John Southee & Elizabeth Pettman, both of Ickham, by licence.

1747 November 16th - John Southee of Ickham & Mary Renolds, of Littlebourn, by licence.

1797 February 21st - Joseph Spicer of Folkestone, a batchelor, with the consent of his father, Kennett Spicer, being a minor, and Dianna Southee, of the palace of the Lord Archbishop of Canterbury, by licence

If you want the Southey ones let me know.

My Marsh connection is my maternal Grandmothers family, but I have not started researching them.

If you can help on my New Zealand problems that would be great. I will PM you with the details I have.

Adrian
Currently researching
GODDEN, MARSH, WATERS & HUGHES Mid Kent
BUSHROD Mid Kent/Dorset,
FURMINGER Aylesford/Maidstone/Sittingbourne - Kent

visit http://www.Kent-opc.org

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline southee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 20 August 04 04:35 BST (UK) »
 :o ;D gee you were quick yes I supose i should get you to list the Southeys incase they are some of mine.

Thank you

ps: what pm mean? Do you want my email address to send details to for your new zealand research

Offline Adi1962

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 20 August 04 08:46 BST (UK) »
Hi,

The Southey entries.

Birth/Christining
1838 November 7th - Ellen Castle (Born October 3rd 1838) Daughter of Herbert Castle & Ellen Southey, of Precincts, Harbour Master at Demerara

Marriage
1843 December 27th - Thomas Baker, Widower, of Wylye, Wiltshire, Surgeon, son of Gabriel Baker & Sophia Jane Southey, of the Precincts, Spinster, Daughter of Thomas Southey.

1846 October 27th - Henry Dunn Glasse, Batchelor, of Droxford, Hampshire, assistant Surgeon Bombay Army, Son of Henry Glasse & Sara Louise Southey, of the Precincts, Spinster daughter of Thomas Southey.

Death
1835 July 14th - Eleanor Thomasine Southey, of the Precincts age 18 years.

=======

pm = Personnal message

If you look right at the top of the screen it will say " Hey Southee you have XX messages"   Click on messages and it will take you to the PM section.
Its a secure way of passing information that no one else can view.

Adrian
Currently researching
GODDEN, MARSH, WATERS & HUGHES Mid Kent
BUSHROD Mid Kent/Dorset,
FURMINGER Aylesford/Maidstone/Sittingbourne - Kent

visit http://www.Kent-opc.org

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bellesaint

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 04 September 04 12:46 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I have a Henry Wood Southey listed as a witness to marriage on the marriage certificate of my direct paternal great great grandfather John Cowles. This was in the parish of Llavinangel Pontymoile Monmouthshire in 1874. Is there any connection here to your family?

Belle
COWLES, WAITE, MANINS, BEGLEY, HARRIS,  JENKINS