Author Topic: My Visit to Cambridgeshire County Record Office - will do simple Look-ups  (Read 35961 times)

Offline Keith Sherwood

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The grass covers and the rain effaces. Victor Hugo
    • View Profile
My Visit to Cambridgeshire County Record Office - will do simple Look-ups
« on: Tuesday 11 October 05 09:16 BST (UK) »
Hi, Everyone,
I think I may have a spare day at the end of this week (Thursday or Friday, 13th or 14th Oct)- or if not, then one day next week - to visit the Cambs County Record Office at Shire Hall, Cambridge.  I was going to look something up for a Rootschatter who PM-ed me.
So (and I'm probably going to regret this!) if anyone wants anything not-too-complicated looking up, I will be happy to do this.
I don't want to be wading for hours through microfilms looking for Census entries or wills, but I'm quite happy to look up Baptisms, Marriages and Burials amongst the transcripted books of the various parishes back to the 16thC.  They have them nicely sorted out there.
So let me have your look-ups on this thread, and I'll do my best, but please try and be accurate with the details, as the last two times I went searching (well away from Cambridge, in one case) for a couple of nameless but EXTREMELY well-regarded and Aristocratic Rootchatters, they both gave me the ever-so-slightly-but-nevertheless-wrong info; even though as usual the fun is all in the chase, isn't it...?
Very best wishes,
Keith

MODERATOR COMMENT

This post is now locked.  Any requests should be made on the Cambs LU Requests board.