Author Topic: HALLIDAY Cambusnethan & Wishaw  (Read 3809 times)

Offline ard

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
HALLIDAY Cambusnethan & Wishaw
« on: Saturday 21 August 04 16:46 BST (UK) »
My GG grandmother Agnes HALLIDAY was born in Lanarkshire around 1841-42. She had sibblings Robert, John, David, Margaret, at least of whose child/ren went to Canada (Quebec)

Unconfirmed parents (my best guess) would be John HALLIDAY and Elizabeth DICK (IGI have such parents with a son Robert b 1844). A G aunt and her mother were Elizabeths with Dick as a middle name. My G aunt said our HALLIDAY family was connected to Wishaw.

Any connections??

ard

CNL.DVN:Knight;Jenkins;Bray;Harvey;West;Judd;Menhinnit;Griffin;Harding;Williams;Goman;Cock;Leach;Martin;Hewett.*KNT:Foster;Piper.*ESSX:Smith;Baker;Hawkins;Everitt;Spurgeon;Wellens. *MDX:Gruber;Shortland;Dukes;Cooper;Appelton;Watts;Hooper;Neale;Ricketts.*LCN:Burton;Blackburn;Walters;*SCOT:Blair;Dick;Stevenson;Williamson;Halliday;;Gilchrist;Leggat;Davies;Frew;Pollock;Richmond;Houston;McLachlan,Gemmel/Giemle,Clerk*NI:Ferguson;Boyd.*DEU:Gruber,Henne,Hohln(Württemberg)Hoffmann(Birkenfeld)

Offline ard

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: HALLIDAY Cambusnethan & Wishaw
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 28 August 04 00:58 BST (UK) »
modification: The message below no longer applies, as it appears that the word "thingy" is no longer replaces the surname DICK of my original message! When I first tried using the surname in a message, I found out that I could only get it to appear by putting a space between the first letter and the following three: D ICK. If I didn't "thingy" would be in its place.

Thank you to whomever for making the necessary changes to the filter!

Regarding my foremother "Elizabeth thingy". No, that was not her surname, nor is it what I had typed! Nor did any of the following generations have "thingy" as a middle name!!!

Obviously there is a filter with this program and it is unfortunately rather prudish! ;D

The Elizabeth "thingy" is meant to be Elizabeth D ICK (I have to leave a space to trick the filter!) I had figured that out after several attempts at entering, in my profile, the surnames I am researching; I forgot to do it when I posted this last message.

Hopefully not all people who have that surname have to submit themselves to such associations! ;)

cheers,
ard
CNL.DVN:Knight;Jenkins;Bray;Harvey;West;Judd;Menhinnit;Griffin;Harding;Williams;Goman;Cock;Leach;Martin;Hewett.*KNT:Foster;Piper.*ESSX:Smith;Baker;Hawkins;Everitt;Spurgeon;Wellens. *MDX:Gruber;Shortland;Dukes;Cooper;Appelton;Watts;Hooper;Neale;Ricketts.*LCN:Burton;Blackburn;Walters;*SCOT:Blair;Dick;Stevenson;Williamson;Halliday;;Gilchrist;Leggat;Davies;Frew;Pollock;Richmond;Houston;McLachlan,Gemmel/Giemle,Clerk*NI:Ferguson;Boyd.*DEU:Gruber,Henne,Hohln(Württemberg)Hoffmann(Birkenfeld)