Author Topic: Completed Looking for Henry Prosser Evans bc 1876  (Read 11826 times)

Offline sre

• RootsChat Member
  • Daisy Cook
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Henry Prosser Evans bc 1876
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 06 September 09 16:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Bryan

Welcome to Rootschat ....

I have managed to find some more information on HP since my post in 2005 .... perhaps we can swap info via pm ....

Look forward to hearing from you
Regards
Sheila

Harness, (Yorkshire, Lincolnshire) Taylor, Carpenter (Devon, Pembrokeshire), Cook, (Glos), Puffitt, (Oxon), Evans, (Herefordshire), Prosser, (Herefordshire), Benfield, (Oxon/Glos)

Offline kingy011

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 06 September 09 18:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Shiela,
Thanks for making contact...I'm having one of those days!..by "pm",  do you mean privately / email,
Best wishes, Bryan
Evans, Hogwood, Ivey, Launder, Kelly, Black

Offline sre

• RootsChat Member
  • Daisy Cook
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 07 September 09 07:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Bryan

PM is short for Personal Message .... it is a means for Rootschatters to exchange personal details like email addresses etc .....

To do this click on my name (sre) and you will get my profile ... towards the bottom you will find 'send this Rootschatter a personal message' click on this and you will then be able to send me a message ....

Best of Luck
Sheila
Harness, (Yorkshire, Lincolnshire) Taylor, Carpenter (Devon, Pembrokeshire), Cook, (Glos), Puffitt, (Oxon), Evans, (Herefordshire), Prosser, (Herefordshire), Benfield, (Oxon/Glos)

Offline mothball

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 09 September 09 16:40 BST (UK) »
The name Prosser caught my eye as I have a Prosser in my family tree married in Pembroke but born in Taunton.

The other think that caught my eye was the The King's Shropshire Light Infantry as I have a photo on Roots chat of my ancestor who was in that division and married my great aunt.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,373422.0.html

Steven
Devote/o/i/a/ee - Italy - PembrokeMorris - Pembroke Dock 1786Wignall - London - 1800JonesMaesteg

Offline mothball

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 09 September 09 16:53 BST (UK) »
I always thought having a middle name that is a surname is usually the mother's maiden name.

There is this marriage

Marriages Q4  1877  John Evans + Mary Ann Prosser Merthyr T 11a 660

Which would fit in with John Evans being born c1879

Steven
Devote/o/i/a/ee - Italy - PembrokeMorris - Pembroke Dock 1786Wignall - London - 1800JonesMaesteg

Offline sre

• RootsChat Member
  • Daisy Cook
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 09 September 09 19:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Steven

Many thanks for the link to your post .... it makes interesting reading .... you never know my Henry might even be on the photo ....

Since posting my enquiry in 2005 I have found his parents and marriage .... I now have his birth certificate and his parents names .... he was born in Herefordshire of all places .... and married in Pembroke Dock the same year as your chap ..... I ended up getting his army record to find all this out ....

Once again many thanks ... off now to have another look at the photo .....

Regards
Sheila

Offline dorstep

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 04 August 10 11:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Sheila,
Have just found RootsChat!  My name is Bryan Evans. I note that you were looking for Henry Prosser Evans. HP is my grandfather. Surprisingly, not a lot of obvious information is actually available. Problem is that as far as I know, apart from an inscription on his gravestone, and my father's baptism and wedding certificates , he was never referred to as Henry Prosser...and there are many, many Henry Evans's of the right vintage. Please contact for more info.
Best wishes, Bryan

Offline dorstep

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Prosser Evans bc 1876
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 04 August 10 11:11 BST (UK) »
I am looking for information for my brother in law regarding his grandfather Henry Prosser Evans.  We know that he was born in Herefordshire and was in Kings Shropshire Light Infantry in 1911 ???

Offline dorstep

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Completed Llooking for the son of Henry Prosser Evans bc 1876
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 04 August 10 11:20 BST (UK) »
I am looking for any information regarding the son of Henry Prosser Evans - He was born in 1908 and his name was Edwin Thomas Evans. He married in York for the 2nd time in 1938. He was in the army during the war and was divorced about 1945.