Author Topic: Completed Looking for Henry Prosser Evans bc 1876  (Read 11819 times)

Offline kingy011

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Completed Looking for Henry Prosser Evans bc 1876
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 04 August 10 14:51 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I am Bryan Evans and I am a grandson of Henry Prosser Evans. I can give you a detailed history of HPE and much of the family and ancestry. Edwin Thomas (Ted) was my uncle and I can give some info on him as well. My father was William Alick Evans. I guess your brother in law must be a cousin of mine. I have found a number of lost cousins which I can also update you with. I enclose my e.mail address as it is easier to communicate by such. Looking fwd to hearing from you,
Best regards
Bryan

(*) Moderator Comment: phone and e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php
Evans, Hogwood, Ivey, Launder, Kelly, Black

Offline sre

• RootsChat Member
  • Daisy Cook
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 05 August 10 15:47 BST (UK) »
Hi dorstep and welcome to rootschat

I am researching the Evans family on behalf of my husband ... his father was Henry Noel son of Henry Prosser and therefore brother to Edwin ....

I have a birth date of 21.2.1909 for Edwin Thomas taken from HP's army record ....

If you pm me your email address I will send you a copy ...

Cheers for now
sre
Harness, (Yorkshire, Lincolnshire) Taylor, Carpenter (Devon, Pembrokeshire), Cook, (Glos), Puffitt, (Oxon), Evans, (Herefordshire), Prosser, (Herefordshire), Benfield, (Oxon/Glos)

Offline algobr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 28 January 13 14:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Everyone

I have just discovered Rootschat as a result of a last-resort Google search for Henry Prosser Evans, who married my great-aunt Margaret Alice Taylor in 1905 in Pembroke.  I had previously found him only in the 1911 census at a barracks in Shropshire, which gave his place of birth as Hereford; I knew that he had been a Sergeant in the KSLI, and that he later moved to Shropshire/Liverpool where (most of) his ten children were brought up.  Unfortunately the ages given in the census, marriage cert and death record do not match exactly.  Other posters have said that they have his parents' details (father = John) plus other information.  Any help would be appreciated.

Offline sre

• RootsChat Member
  • Daisy Cook
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 29 January 13 07:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi algobr, wellcome to Rootschat

Are you just looking for HP or are you looking for MA as well as I have loads of stuff on both of them.

Birth, Marriage and Death certificates plus census details and Army records (incidentally HP lied about his age when he joined up that is why the dates never quite tie up)

You say Margaret Alice was you Great Aunt, which of her siblings do you descend from?

Cheers for now
sre
Harness, (Yorkshire, Lincolnshire) Taylor, Carpenter (Devon, Pembrokeshire), Cook, (Glos), Puffitt, (Oxon), Evans, (Herefordshire), Prosser, (Herefordshire), Benfield, (Oxon/Glos)

Offline algobr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 29 January 13 11:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi sre, and thanks for your swift response. 

My grandmother was Evaline (various spellings) Maud Taylor b 1887 Pembroke Dock, the younger sister of Margaret Alice Taylor, whom I met briefly when she visited my family's home in Smethwick ~1965.  My mother is Evaline Amelia Brown née John(s) b 1921 Pembroke Dock (still living).  A few days ago I received a message on Ancestry from a lady named Kathryn Hughes, whose father was James Cyril Evans (1921 - 1986), one of the ten children of Henry Prosser Evans and Margaret Alice Taylor.  She told me that she was a novice at family history and asked for any information re.  HPE & MAT.  Since I had already extensively researched the Taylor family I was able to help her on that side, but I struggled with the Evans family, particularly as the dates & places of birth on Army documents didn't match other sources.  I had a suspicion that he might have added a couple of years on to his age on enlistment so thank you for confirming this.  This morning I have received another message from Kathryn (now resident in Australia) containing HPE's Army record plus a family tree that has just been supplied to her by another family member.  This gives HPE's parents as John Evans (1834 - 1874) and Eliza Prosser (b 1838).  Fathers of these are given as John Evans and John Prosser respectively, but no dates.

If you are an Ancestry subscriber my username is algobr666 (I'm not sure whether this information alone allows you to look at my family tree) I am now living in Neyland in Pembrokeshire and have been able to make use of the County Records Office for research, and am reasonably confident of the accuracy of my results on the Taylor side, going back to George Taylor b 1821 in Ilsington, Devon; his father possibly Joseph Taylor (1781 - 1853); his father possibly Richard Taylor (no dates).

I would be grateful for the sight of any original documentation relating to either of these families plus any other information that you may have dug up.  Also: it may be peripheral to your interests but my mother tells me that MAT had another sister, known to my mother as 'Aunty Sophie'.  This lady has a variety of names in the documentation that I have found, i.e. 1883 birth records suggest Mary Sophia Taylor (may be another individual?) 1891 census = Sophia Taylor 1901 census = Maria M Taylor (surely some error?).  My mother tells me that she moved to Scotland and died there ~1926.  This left MAT & Evaline Taylor as the only surviving members of a family that had had nine children born living (according to 1911 census John Joseph Taylor).

With thanks in anticipation of any assistance that you may be able to offer.

Alan Brown (b 1951 Birmingham), now resident in Neyland, Pembs.

Offline sre

• RootsChat Member
  • Daisy Cook
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 31 January 13 13:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alan

Sorry to take so long in replying

I hope you don't mind me pointing out that it is Rootschat policy not to give out details of living or potentially living people in our posts .....

I too struggled with HP for years until eventually in 2005 I paid a researcher to find his army record for me, once I had that I was able to work backwards and find him and his family on the various census etc.

Re the Taylor side, I also have a possible father for George b 1821 Ilsington, Devon as Joseph so it looks as though we are both on the same track ....

If you send me a personal message with your email address I can forward copies of the certificates that I have .....

Looking forward to hearing from you

sre

Offline Adamliq

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 13 June 18 23:15 BST (UK) »
I am also researching the same line. Interested in information.

Offline sre

• RootsChat Member
  • Daisy Cook
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 14 June 18 06:50 BST (UK) »
Hi

Welcome to Rootschat

What sort of information are you looking for and what is your connection with the family?

Looking forward to hearing from you

sre

Offline Adamliq

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 14 June 18 21:34 BST (UK) »
I am related through marriage about three generations down from henry. I am interested in his service record as military service flows through the family.
Thanking you
Adam