Author Topic: ww1 medal cards  (Read 966 times)

Offline geniedi

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
ww1 medal cards
« on: Saturday 21 August 04 21:15 BST (UK) »
Can anyone tell me please whether the medal cards available to download online include the navy.

I have my grandads medals from ww1 but when I searched for his medal card there was nothing. I've checked and 99% of G has been put on.

Or isn't there any such thing for the Navy??

Thanks Diane
Stevenson,Seabrook,Gravestock,Lee - Cambs. Geden and varients -  Warks. Oxf. Green- Beds and London. Foster, Little - Essex. Sheldrick - Surrey and London? Smith - Bucks. Coulling - Oxf.

Offline newbie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: ww1 medal cards
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 22 August 04 14:47 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I searched the national archives "navy" and up came a list of WW1 medal card holders try this link  -

http://www.documentsonline.nationalarchives.gov.uk/search-results.asp?CatID=10&searchType=quicksearch&pagenumber=1&query=navy&first_date=&last_date=&queryType=1&sortSpec=Score+desc&pagetitle=
that will give you the medal card list for the royal navy. There are obviously some there, but don't know if yours is?
Newbie.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline geniedi

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 22 August 04 16:04 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that ,will have a trawl through.

Diane :)
Stevenson,Seabrook,Gravestock,Lee - Cambs. Geden and varients -  Warks. Oxf. Green- Beds and London. Foster, Little - Essex. Sheldrick - Surrey and London? Smith - Bucks. Coulling - Oxf.

Offline manmack

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 07 July 05 03:35 BST (UK) »
diane,look on the rim of his medals,his name,rank and number are engraved on it,then when you get the number,go to the mic and just type in his first name and his surname then in the box that says number,regt etc,type in his number,and in the date box,put 1914 in the top and 1919 in the bottom,dont put in any of his middle names,you should get his card up,good luck,mack
military history,mainly ww1,manchester pals battalions,tyneside irish +tyneside scottish brigades,leeds,liverpool,accrington,birmingham,hull,barnsley,swansea and salford pals.