Author Topic: mary elizabeth lewis  (Read 8400 times)

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
Re: mary elizabeth lewis
« Reply #9 on: Monday 30 August 04 06:40 BST (UK) »
I have a stack of ancients who came from Ruspidge! Morgans, Jenkins and so on. Your ancestors and mine certainly knew each other.
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 31 August 04 12:12 BST (UK) »
think Dorothys name was Byatt and her husband was a Harry worked down the pits.
maybe I can trace this family back. I know Frances was supposed to have lived with dorothy and her sister kathleen at some time when she was young or with their parents have a feeling their maiden names might have been hind not sure perhaps must find that out.
Its really good to bounce things off someone else has helped me a lot.
sandie
Pender, Raphael,Lambert,Digby,Stent,
Dowell,cornish,mulley,Death,Rosier,
East End,Suffolk,Essex,Cornwall,Devon,London,  middlesex, hertfordshire                                      Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 09 September 04 21:16 BST (UK) »
well folks  certificate turned out not to be my Mary  as this poor lass died 5 days before my Frances was born and she was at home in Barton St Marys .
so if anyone has anymore ideas or help it would be welcome   sandie
East End,Suffolk,Essex,Cornwall,Devon,London,  middlesex, hertfordshire                                      Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 10 September 04 00:24 BST (UK) »
Sandiep - bad luck there but there were 2 possible Mary Elizabeths from my original search, born a few months apart in the same registration district. But you have got quite some coincidence there as you say the "wrong one" died at Barton. St. Mary and your ancestor worked there.
One of the wiser and more experienced members may know if someone's birth date can be out when registered or, for that matter, a death date.
Appeal to them all, someone has the answer.
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 11 September 04 16:55 BST (UK) »
the mary on my certificate died of febris typhoid that she had for 1month and 14 days and so I doubt there is any possiblity its mine.
off to check other leads now  sandie