Author Topic: 1841/1851 lookup for ALLMAN in Chester  (Read 3341 times)

Offline dcsnr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1841/1851 lookup for ALLMAN in Chester
« on: Thursday 20 October 05 09:53 BST (UK) »
Please will somebody be kind enough to find ISAAC ALLMAN (born in Chester around 1834/35) in the 1841 and 1851 census.

Many thanks,

David

Offline peterbennett

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Samuel if ever an Ag Lab looked like one it was he
    • View Profile
Re: 1841/1851 lookup for ALLMAN in Chester
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 20 October 05 18:06 BST (UK) »
Hi

Can you tell us where he was and with whom in 1861 or other.

Do you have his parents names ?

peterbennett
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline dcsnr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 20 October 05 19:13 BST (UK) »
Hello Peter,

I know this may sound weak but I was hoping to find out the names of his parents and siblings from the census.  I was on the Cheshirebmd site earlier and have found a reference to his marriage to Margaret Rowson in 1856.  I will have to send for the certificate which will give me his fathers Christian name.

In 1861 Isaac (27) was staying with his wife Margaret (21) and two daughters Mary (4) and Sarah Ann (1) at 52 Greenway St, Chester St. Mary (RG9/2627 Folio 46 Page 9) which was I believe was his mother-in-laws house (Mary Rowson).  Hope this helps.

Regards,

David

Offline peterbennett

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Samuel if ever an Ag Lab looked like one it was he
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 21 October 05 12:33 BST (UK) »
Hi

The 1851 shows him in Handbridge Chester,I had a look in the same area in the 1841 census but they were not around.

1851 HO107-2171-F837

Sarah Allman head 60 widow laundress Chester
Isaac               son 17 errand boy Chester
Ann Daniels wife 44 marr gardeners wife Bostock Lancs
Edward ~            12
Arthur  ~              6
Elizabeth~           4

Sorry it doesn't say whether the Daniels and Allmans are related.
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline dcsnr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 21 October 05 20:30 BST (UK) »
Hello again Peter,

Many thanks for finding Isaac in the 1851 census.  The information you found was not quite what I was hoping for so I still have some serious searching to do yet.

I still believe the Allmans were somewhere in Chester (near the Castle area) in 1841 so I'll leave the request open a little longer in the hope someone comes across them when looking for others.

Cheers,

David

Offline Antonden

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 20 May 15 11:14 BST (UK) »
Hi David - are you still researching Allmans?

Tony