Author Topic: Regan & Comerford families in the Castlecomer area  (Read 6670 times)

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Regan & Comerford families in the Castlecomer area
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 25 August 18 18:23 BST (UK) »

Offline annie 27

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 25 August 18 20:36 BST (UK) »
Hi My name is Anne Regan.  My father is Patrick Regan from Knocknadogue in Castlecomer in Kilkenny.  Iive read your post with great interest and I am also seeking information about my family history.  I am the grand daughter of Michael Regan who was the son of Anne Regan on the 1901 and 1911 census.  I noticed that someone on here was looking for the same people

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline annie 27

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 25 August 18 22:07 BST (UK) »
Thank you it all makes sense now my grandparents where micheal and liz we called her for short had an aunt bridget also that lived with my grandmother in knocknadogue ,was wondering also what happened to james my grandfathers brother that was in the 1901/1911 census  :)

Offline Silverhawk

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 10 September 18 22:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Annie [waves]. James was one of the two siblings that I know of who moved to England. He married May Norris in 1915 and had a couple of kids, Hannah and Patrick (I expect there were more, I just haven't tied others in for definite). James died at Hebburn on the south bank of the Tyne in 1960. I don't know what happened to May and Hannah, but I believe Patrick lived around here until 1994.

I'd be very interested in swapping information with you. I have Michael's marriage to Elizabeth Dunne in 1930, but that's as far as I got with him. Little snippet you might not know about - Michael was named after his older brother who died 4-5 years before he was born.
Ancestral names: Lewis, Watson, Hetherington, Barclay, Clark, Regan, Hunter, Murray, Robson, Todd, Carney, Comerford, Urwin, Rayson, White, Purves, Biggins, Wilson, Gibson, Graham, Curry, Kennedy, Greenlaw, Waldie, Armstrong, Hodgson, Harle, Wild, Monkhouse, Donald, Allen, Bowie, Cowe, Ogilvie, Barnes, Pattinson, Williamson, Hogg, Denholm, Kirkwood and Hewitt

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rathmore

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 04 October 18 14:47 BST (UK) »
John Hetherington age 36 Kate 33, Mary 8, Patrick 3, Michael 1

living at 42.1 in Kilkenny Street Castlecomer on census of 1901