Author Topic: austrailian family  (Read 4340 times)

Offline Shanko

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: austrailian family
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 03 October 04 09:34 BST (UK) »
Pauline
Im now in Australia from the UK and if you give me (PM me if you like)details of all his family who came out here and approx dates and whether they came via ship or plane I'll have a look at our records here for his arrival, on his arrival there would of been all sorts of papers he would of had to of filled in for example: Medical Examination records, passport photos of him and family,the vaccination papers, application for assisted passage which is if someone nominated him to come over here, which also has the people who did nominate him, history of his employment in the UK papers, and you maybe lucky to find a letter from him accepting the passage the Australian Gov made for him and his family. Since he came out in 1970 he may not of been automatically placed on the electoral roll, as I do know if you came out here I think but I stand corrected before 1969 you were automatically placed on the electoral roll to vote but if you came out here after that you had to become an Australian citizen so if he wasn't on the roll automatically he may even of become an Australian citizen which in this case there would be records of that too.

Regards
Shanko

Offline down-under

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 11 October 04 07:03 BST (UK) »
hello when i came out here, i was 10pound Pom.  I had a travel document with my photo and details. I landed in fremantle on christmas day 1968 (105)degrees.  I have always voted but lots of english people I know could not. I am an Australian citizen now so have dual passports. I did not have one when I first came out, pity we do not have the  old British passport now.   Anyway what l wanted to say was, how kind people are so willing to help.   At the moment l have nothing to give you about Cyril and  family. I am so greatful to have been given the site details which l have passed on.   Sorry to have butted in.  Regards Pam Perth West Australia
oakley, Leadbeater, Hemming, Jones, Pearsall, Page,------ Aston, Leominster, Balsall Heath, Tewkesbury, Kings Norton, Birmingham.

census information are crown copyright of www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Pollynation

• RootsChat Senior
  • The picture that started it all
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 20 October 04 20:13 BST (UK) »
I have found my relatives passage.

Cyril Cooper b. 26/4/1920. wife Eileen (nee Pemberton) b.25/12/1921 and son Brian Cooper.

Leslie Cooper b.2/8/1923 wife Doris (nee lomax) b. 28/9/1922 sons Cameron Haig Cooper, Nigel Ian Cooper and Stuart winston Cooper

I have birth details for the children as well, but cannot give details. They will probably still be living.

They all travelled to Austraila, leaving the UK on7/12/1962 on ship FAIRSKY.

There is a nice kind lady (who lives in Australia) looking for further details for me.

Thanks to everyone for all your help.
Pauline
Atkinson/Mountney/Gardner/Mellor/Finch/Higham-Lancashire
Cooper/Price-Shropshire
Lund/Foster/Wilkinson/Crawforth-Yorkshire
Calvert-Durham

Whoever said seek and ye shall find was NOT a genealogist.