Author Topic: Marriage James Jones to Ann  (Read 2120 times)

Offline Eveline Clarke

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Marriage James Jones to Ann
« on: Sunday 23 October 05 17:16 BST (UK) »
Is it possible that someone could look up the marriage for me of James Jones born c 1812 to Ann ?? born c 1813 James was born in Wardington and was living in Wardington in 1851.   Their eldest child Edward was born c 1836 sio James would probably have been married 1830-1836.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Eveline

Offline johnP-bedford

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage James Jones to Ann
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 23 October 05 23:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Eveline

The IGI has marriage entry of James Jones to Ann WILSON in 1833  Wardington, Oxford . There's also a christening of an Ann Wilson  19 APR 1812  Wardington, Oxford, England , her parents listed as Richard Wilson & Mary.
regards John

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Partridge - North Beds; Northants & Peterborough
Bishop - Bedford; Hunts, Hemingford Grey
Allen - Hunts, Hemingford Abbotts
Clement - Croydon
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Eveline Clarke

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 24 October 05 18:51 BST (UK) »
Thanks John

This will be of enormous help and I am very grateful.

Regards

Eveline

Offline Oxfordshire FHS

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 05 November 05 16:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Eveline

The IGI has marriage entry of James Jones to Ann WILSON in 1833  Wardington, Oxford . 
regards John

Hi Eveline

The Oxfordshire Marriage Index 1538-1837 also includes that marriage at Wardington, and gives its date as 28 March 1833.

Paul Gaskell
Minutes Secretary and Publicity Officer
Oxfordshire Family History Society
Web : www.ofhs.org.uk
E-mail : publicity@ofhs.org.uk

Offline Eveline Clarke

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 20 August 08 19:43 BST (UK) »
I am sorry Paul.  Normally Rootschat advises if another message comes up, in this case they didn't so I never said thank you.

I do appreciate it and yes, it is the right family.

Thank you.

Eveline

Offline Oxfordshire FHS

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 20 August 08 20:55 BST (UK) »
I am sorry Paul.  Normally Rootschat advises if another message comes up, in this case they didn't so I never said thank you.

I do appreciate it and yes, it is the right family.

Thank you.

Eveline

Hi Eveline

Thanks - it's brilliant that you've responded after a gap of nearly three years.

I hope that your research has moved on since 5 November 2005. Certainly, several indexes that this society maintains have been updated and expanded in that time, so if you need any further help, please let me know.

Best wishes.

Paul Gaskell
Oxfordshire Family History Society

Offline Eveline Clarke

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 21 August 08 08:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Paul

I deserve that (yes it was 3 years but an apology is better late than never, I hope).   I was doing a trawl of James Jones, Wardington and of course Rootsweb popped up and I realised that I had been so rude to someone who was trying to help.

I don't understand why I wasn't flagged by Rootschat that you had replied three years ago.  OR, and this is probably the case, I had so many spam e.mails that about 3 years ago (not sure of the date) I fitted a spam filter and this insisted that any new e.mails were not friends and flagged them up as blacklisted with a deletion tick beside it, I had to physically un-tick it.   It still does that to this day with new people, even if I have the address in my address book it will do this to someone who hasn't replied to me before.    I would take it off but with all the spam you get nowadays, I don't want them clogging up my computer, it has crashed already once this year.   Sorry waffling on a bit.

MOVED ON - well yes   :) and no  :'(.    After a gap of 2 years, I am again researching on behalf of my friend and I have had lots of luck with her Ward family, from a distant Ward cousin, and now have that branch back to 1620.   They are from Wardington and that is not on IGI or anywhere else I can find on the web and which does make it very difficult to research.   

The Jones family is a different matter (why did she have to have the name Jones in her family), James Jones who married Ann Wilson, born c 1812, he doesn't seem to be on the Wardington parish register.    I found James on the 1871 aged 59 a carpenter born Wardington he had his son James born 1848 still living with him.    Ann was not, so I assume she died sometime after 1848 and before 1871.     I have found James junior on all the other censuses, so he isn't a problem.   I also found his sister Mary Elizabeth on the 1881 she was living in Northampton with her husband and children.

Ann Wilson baptised 1812 in Wardington, her parents Richard Joseph Wilson and his wife Elizabeth came from Coton, which I understand is/was almost part of Wardington.

Richard Joseph Wilson was in the Wardington parish register baptised 2/9/1787 mother Keziah - no father mentioned.

So although I have not got any further back than James Jones in my firends direct line, I have found her 2 living cousins, plus loads of information on her family a bit lower down the tree.

Thank you for replying and once again SORRY.

Regards

Eveline

Offline Wardenc1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 11 February 18 18:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi, my Ward ancestors go back to 1620 in Wardington! I am fascinated to find out somebody else has researched this branch!

Nick Warde