Author Topic: JOHANNA BUTLER (NEE MURPHY) BALLYMURN  (Read 3457 times)

Offline erin21

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Olive Grove Assisi
    • View Profile
JOHANNA BUTLER (NEE MURPHY) BALLYMURN
« on: Friday 26 May 06 19:39 BST (UK) »
I am seeking any help I can get regarding Johanna Butler. Wife of Thomas Butler of Coolanick. I understand Johanna died before 1922. i understand she is buried inKilmallock graveyard Ballymurn. I am trying to establish her exact date of death.

Erin
Butler  Wexford .   Smyth  Cavan.    Dooley  Liverpool.   McKay Liverpool.    Kennedy  Manchester.     Walsh  Cheshire.   Mericks  Whitehaven.   Houghton  Ashton in Makerfield.  Torpey  Cork.    Duffy  Cortaghard, Co Monaghan.   Mc Cabe   Kilkit, Co Monaghan. Jackson  Latully, Co Cavan.

Offline ARIJABA

• RootsChat Extra
  • Elderly Relatives are a mine of information-Talk!
    • View Profile
Re: JOHANNA BUTLER (NEE MURPHY) BALLYMURN
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 22 June 06 22:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Erin,  Johanna was my husbands Grandmother and I have her death certificate.  She passed away on the 1st February 1920 at the Workhouse in Enniscorthy.  Cause of death was Cerebral Disease (21 days certified) Informant was Andew J Furlong Occupier of Workhouse and the death was registered on the 19th February 1920.  Gave her as aged 32 and married. 
I also have her marriage certificate to Thomas on the 30th April 1906 at The Cathedral in Enniscorthy. Age given as 20, Spinster and living in Cooladine, Father Arthur Myrphy a Labourer.  Thomas was 26, a Labourer living in Glenbrien, Father Pierce Butler Labourer.
Witnesses were David Redman and Katie Butler who were later married.
Johanna signed using her mark which was witnessed by  John Dunne ADM who took the service.
After Johanna's death Thomas married Mary Kehoe who had been a sponsor for one of Thomas and Johanna's children so must have been a family friend.  I have that marriage certificate too.
I left you a message on another of your search areas earlier today. 
I was recently contacted by Diana who is also doing research for Catherine Butlers daughter.  We have been swapping notes and photographs and today I received a copy of Catherine's Baptism certificate so all we need now is her birth record.  My mother in law was Mary Agnes Butler and the only other members of her family I ever met were her brother John known as Jack who lived in Oxford till his death and a cousin who visited the family in the 70's and who I believe lived in the Slough area.
If you would like to write I can be contacted on (*)
Best Regards
Sandra

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php
DOUBLE - Harwich, Essex & Stratford St Mary, Suffolk
BOWEN - Oystermouth, Glamorgan & Harwich, Essex
WESTHEAD - Great Crosby & Fleetwood, Lancashire
PRATT - Leith, Midlothian & Fleetwood, Lancashire
BANHAM - Shelfanger, Norfolk & Fleetwood, Lancashire.
BARNES - Huddersfield, Elland, WR Yorshire & Co. Monahan, Ireland.
AKROYD - Stainland and Elland WR Yorkshire
TOWN(S)END - Barkisland, Elland  WR Yorkshire.
RILEY - Elland WR Yorkshire
LASSEY - Huddersfield WR
SHAW - Elland