Author Topic: Edward MANSER - Stradbroke  (Read 4826 times)

Offline babs7

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Edward MANSER - Stradbroke
« on: Tuesday 04 December 07 02:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Could someone please do a lookup for Edward Manser born  13 November 1841 in Stradbroke Suffolk, I would like to know who his parents were,and any siblings he may have had.
Thankyou
Kind regards
Barbara (nee Manser)

Offline suffolk*sue

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Catherine Sandys & Sarah Richardson,where are you?
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Manser lookup request
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 04 December 07 07:48 GMT (UK) »
Do you have any more details on Edward. I can find no sign of him in 1851. In 1841 there is only one Manser family in  the whole of Suffolk, an Edward and Emma Manser, living in Framlingham. Edward is a grocer and there are children Sarah 3 and Louisa 2.
Can't find any sign of this family in 1851. Could they have emigrated?

:'( :'(
Census information is Crown Copyright  -  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline suffolk*sue

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 04 December 07 08:11 GMT (UK) »
In case the above turn out to be your Edwards parents, the following marriage is on the Suffolk Marriage Index.

Edward MANSER of Framlingham
Emma OXX of Woodbridge

24th May, 1836 - Bredfield

Offline swebby

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 04 December 07 19:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Barbara,

Couldn't find anything extra in the census but there is a birth entry for Edward Manser in 1841 in Hoxne Registration District (which I think Stradbroke is in) and a death entry in 1846 in Hoxne Registration District. This could explain why he is difficult to find in the census.

Regards
Sean
Webb (Sussex), Barham (Sussex, Norfolk/Suffolk), Day (Somerset), Rowett(Somerset, Cornwall), White (Leighlinbridge), Deane (Roscommon), Quinn (Roscommon)

Offline babs7

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 05 December 07 07:21 GMT (UK) »
In case the above turn out to be your Edwards parents, the following marriage is on the Suffolk Marriage Index.

Edward MANSER of Framlingham
Emma OXX of Woodbridge

24th May, 1836 - Bredfield
Hi Sue,
Thankyou for your reply, what I have on Edward birth is what I have already given, he lived for awhile in Bromley Kent with his mother Harriet b 20/4/1817(unknown surname) and his brother William born 10 July 1844 (not sure where could be Sussex) and another brother Walter born 29/8/1846 in Bromley Kent and died 10/10/1846 , He and his brother William migrated to Australia aboard the "Oriental" on the 1 November 1855, in the care of Harry Hyder who could have been a uncle. I got the birth info from the South Australian Diggers BMD Registrations. His father is supposed to be also Edward born 11 January 1818  Stradbroke Suffolk,I have not been able to find any trace of this family before Australia,except for 1840 census record which could be them in Tenterden Workhouse. Family stories are that he was a prison officer on ships that brought prisoners to Australia, and while he was away Harriet and children lived with her mother in Bromley Kent, and she died 15/3/1847 in Bromley Kent,while he was away. When he came back he died not long after on 9/10/1847, Harriets mother was too old to look after them,so they were sent to grandparents  in Australia.  Grandparents are supposed to be William Manser born ab 1790 in Herstmonceux Sussex and wife Sarah (Sally) all their children were born in Sussex, yet Edward born 11 January 1818 their son is born in Suffolk. I feel this is all wrong and because there are a lot of William and Edward Manser 's(Mancer) there has been a mistake in our tree. So Im not sure where he and his father came from. Hope this helps
Barbara

Offline babs7

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 05 December 07 07:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Barbara,

Couldn't find anything extra in the census but there is a birth entry for Edward Manser in 1841 in Hoxne Registration District (which I think Stradbroke is in) and a death entry in 1846 in Hoxne Registration District. This could explain why he is difficult to find in the census.

Regards
Sean

Hi Sean,
Thankyour for reply, it looks like you could be onto the right Edward Manser as my gggrandfather died on 9/10/1847. Is there any way to find out who his parents were. Is their a village of Arlington Kent as he is supposed to be buried there.
Barbara

Offline swebby

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 05 December 07 13:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Barbara,

You could order a Death Certificate, as he was young I imagine the person reporting his death would be one of his parents.

Regards
Sean
Webb (Sussex), Barham (Sussex, Norfolk/Suffolk), Day (Somerset), Rowett(Somerset, Cornwall), White (Leighlinbridge), Deane (Roscommon), Quinn (Roscommon)

Offline suffolk*sue

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 05 December 07 13:46 GMT (UK) »
Or a birth cert for one of the children, to get full parents names.

Name: Walter Manser
Sep  qtr
District: Bromley 
Volume: 5 
Page: 49

Name: Edward Manser
Dec  qtr
District: Hoxne 
Volume: 13 
Page: 416

Offline babs7

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Edward MANSER Lookup Request - Stradbroke
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 06 December 07 08:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi  Sean,
Thankyou for that info, where do I order the death certificates from, and what info will it have on them.
Barbara ;D