Author Topic: Lookup Please..Emma PHILPOTT on 1851 Census  (Read 1083 times)

Offline Cathy_Aus

• RootsChat Veteran
  • clendinnen girls early 1900s
    • View Profile
Lookup Please..Emma PHILPOTT on 1851 Census
« on: Friday 08 August 08 01:39 BST (UK) »
GDAY:)
Trying to Find EMMA PHILPOTT on 1851 Census Please
She was Born 1841 in Finsbury Middlesex
Parents..William PHILPOTT(Born 1813 Finchingfield Essex) and Mother ANN(Nee CORNELL) Born 1816 Sampford Essex

Have Found Emma on 1841 Census aged a few Months with ANN , Mother...But noooo William
Cant find him either on 1841 or 1861 Census either???

Have William and Ann PHILPOTT on 1851 Census i think???in radwinter Essex, But noooo Emma
William was a Policeman on that Census, Which i know he was, as have him listed as a policeman  on a marriage Cert To His Wife ANN, and Evan BERRY,Who was listed as a Widow in 1871 Census and With Daughter EMMA and Husband Henry Clamp

So any help in Finding Maybe Both EMMA on 1851 Census and WILLIAM too on 1841/1861 Census would be much appreciated
Thanks
Cheers
Cathy:)
Ireland...Direct Lines
Down..Clendinnen
Clare..Haren, Ryan
Kerry...Doody
Tipperary...Morrisey
Wexford...Clendinnen, Steele, Ellis
Roscommon...Carley, Fallon

France...D'Acre, Went to Ireland some Changed to DEAKER

England Direct Lines
Norfolk: Clamp, Chesney, Atkins, streek
Essex: Mountford, Cornell, Philpott, Hawkes
Wiltshire: Stone, Annetts,

Watt, Toombs, Greville, Revell , Hindmarsh, Williams, Chivell, Collocott, Carle, Bayliss, Berry, Dewsbury, Dungey, Edwards, Gray, Haughton

Offline Steph

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Lookup Please..Emma PHILPOTT on 1851 Census
« Reply #1 on: Friday 05 September 08 22:29 BST (UK) »
Hi
I've looked at the 1851 Census and found William and Ann Philpott in the parish of Radwinter, Essex.  His occupation is a police constable and birthplace Finchingfield, Essex c1814.  Ann is there b. c1814 Little Sampford Essex.  I assume these must be the correct ones because of birth and occupation but Emma is not there which considering her young age is a puzzle (there are no other children in this household) unless she is visiting elsewhere in which case she would be down on the census as a visitor to a household or granddaughter etc.

I've looked at ancestry.co.uk 1841 censuses and the only ones I found were the ones you've already got.  There are about 200 entries for William P and scanning through a large number are from Kent (a hot spot for Philpotts) and a few in Middx.  None matched the dates given or marriage etc although ages for censuses are not necessarily accurate.  I was going to suggest checking death records but considering he popped up again in 1851 that rules that out.
Sorry I couldn't help - you've got a real puzzle here.
Regards
Steph
Stevenson/Piper/Winchester/Wenham/Avery/Muddle/Funnell/Pardon/Virgo - East Sussex
Hutton/Newton/Wilson/Mullender/Little/Wright - Lancs/Cumbria
Brooks/Groves/Martin/Dormer - Oxfordshire
Collins - Bishopsgate/Spitalfields
Taylor/Willis/Wiffin/Lord - Cambs
Barrett/Wiffin - Essex
Draper/Brewer/Lester/Brown/Cole/Eddolls/Crook/Barrett/Styles - Wiltshire
Seares, Massey, Nevill, Nevell, Stannett, Dancer, Hammerton, Wilcox - Bucks
Currier - Berks
Prater/Clargo/Paice/Challis/Baughurst - Hants