Author Topic: Sherston Magna Parish Registers - HOLBOROW  (Read 1665 times)

Offline AshkeJ

• RootsChat Extra
  • My mother's father - Ellis Howard Adams
    • View Profile
Sherston Magna Parish Registers - HOLBOROW
« on: Friday 14 May 10 19:45 BST (UK) »
I am trying to trace the parentage of William Holb(o)row who married Jane Day in 1804 in Kings Stanley. In the register there, William is described as being "of Sherston".

I know that the Holborow family has many branches around that part of the country, and I'd like to know from which one this William originates!

If anybody has access to the PRs for Sherston then I would be excedingly grateful for a look-up for William's baptism (1775-1785).

Many thanks!
Holborow/Hurcombe/Halliday - Glos/Wilts
Palmer/Fisher - Collingbournes, Wiltshire
Murray - West Lulworth, Dorset

Offline vazzycat

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Sherston Magna Parish Registers - HOLOROW
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 19 May 10 17:54 BST (UK) »
Hi AshkeJ - The fiche of the Sherston Magna parish records 1775-1785 is nightmarish to read  :o and unfortunately those years weren't indexed or transcribed in the RO. Nonetheless, the following appears:-

-1777 William son of William & Betty HOLBOROW was baptised July 15th.

I couldn't read all of the entries for the 10 year span so can't say for sure that there wasn't another.  Cheers - Vaz
BRIDGES - Norfolk, Liverpool/Conwy
FLETCHER - Salford/Wavertree
ATHERTON - Gorleston-on-Sea

Offline AshkeJ

• RootsChat Extra
  • My mother's father - Ellis Howard Adams
    • View Profile
Re: Sherston Magna Parish Registers - HOLOROW
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 19 May 10 20:35 BST (UK) »
Vaz,

Thank you for your time! I appreciate you looking for me - and of course the years I'm interested in are a nightmare to read! It's always the way!!

I already know that William and Betty baptised Judith in 1774 and Sarah in 1779 in Sherston before moving to Oldbury, so having a William baptised in 1777 fits in there nicely!

Whilst I need to confirm that this William was the William that married Jane Day in 1804, it's a very good place to start!

My thanks again, Vaz!

Dominic
Holborow/Hurcombe/Halliday - Glos/Wilts
Palmer/Fisher - Collingbournes, Wiltshire
Murray - West Lulworth, Dorset