Author Topic: Angelfish58's Scavenger Hunt...Everyone Welcome To Join In  (Read 30822 times)

Offline Tephra

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Veni, veni, veni Locamovae cum me
    • View Profile
Angelfish58's Scavenger Hunt...Everyone Welcome To Join In
« on: Tuesday 01 February 11 09:39 GMT (UK) »

Welcome to this weeks Scavenger Hunt and Angelfish58 is really hoping you can solve this problem.

Good Luck and Good Hunting

Barbara

I've traced my OH's family back to Ann Dennyson bap 22 Nov 1802 in Ainderby Steeple, N.Yorks, parents Loyzelure Dennyson & Dorothy Bowes.  Loyzelure & Dorothy married in Ainderby Steeple 09 Nov 1797, I can find no trace of a baptism there for either of them. In the 1807 Poll book Loyzelure is listed as a yeoman, he died 1811 but no age is given in his burial entry.

As the family had links with Darlington (Ann married John Johnson there 30 May 1827, witnesses: Robt. Middleton & Jane Frances Sanderson) I downloaded the Will for Thomas Dennyson of Darlington from TNA, this proved to be a gem. The Executors were George & Robert Middleton, and Thomas wished to be buried "...Ainderby Steeple, near my ancestors & family."

Thomas named his beneficiaries as:  Ann and her brothers William & Loyzelure  (nephews & niece), Dennyson & Mary Matilda Hebron  (great nephew & niece,children of nephew William Hebron), Mary Middleton, (nee Sanderson)niece, wife of Robert Middleton and their son Thomas Dennyson Middleton and Elizabeth Unthank, niece, wife of William Unthank "late of London" (unable to trace these last two so far.) and Jane Sanderson, grand niece, daughter of nephew William Sanderson.

As Thomas (abt1740-1824) stated in his Will that he had ancestors in Ainderby I worked back through the register and found the following:

From 1700-1743 the vicar of Ainderby was William Dennyson, his wife was Rebecca Loyzelure the daughter of Nicholas Loyzelure of Coatsay Moor, Heighington Nr Darlington.

They had the following children who survived to adulthood:

Loyzelure 1704-1791, he's buried at Kirkleavington and was a witness there at the wedding of Elizabeth Dennyson of Ainderby Steeple to Reuben Sanderson 15 Oct 1777. His burial states he was an officer of excise.

William, don't know much about him but he was granted Administration of his fathers estate.

Thomas 1706-1806 He lived at Maunby, Kirby Wiske for a time and in his Will he mentions nine grandchildren, the sons & daughters of his son Thomas but he doesn't name them, also Mary Dennyson daughter "of my late son Matthew Dennison".  His Executor was Matthews son William Emmerson Dennison.

Random info, the new FamilySearch site has a burial for Mary, wife of Loyzeline Dennyson 08 Dec 1782 at Lincoln.

I'm hoping that someone will have managed to read all this and that Loyzelure's baptism will finally be found and that RCers will be able to help untangle all this. All help and suggestions very gratefully received.

Onley/Only/Olney In Islington.<br />Wallwork In Bolton and Walkden<br />Lamb In Bolton and Ireland<br />Grundy In Bolton<br />Blackledge In Bolton<br />Osbaldeston  ?? ??<br />Barnett in Islington<br />Binyon in Islington
Kitchen in Bolton
Parker in Bolton

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Angelfish58's Scavenger Hunt...Everyone Welcome To Join In
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 01 February 11 10:27 GMT (UK) »
bookmarking x
Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive

Offline Pebbles Kernow

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 01 February 11 10:29 GMT (UK) »
Reporting for duty  :)

Offline angelfish58

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Grandma & Grandad married 23 Aug 1918
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 01 February 11 10:40 GMT (UK) »
Thanks folks, :) if you have any questions I'll be close by.
Watson, Snowball, Pyburn, Heppell, Ferry, Holmes, Clennett, Kidd, Pescod, Bage Co.Duham & Northumberland
Stockton, Watson, Bage, Nellist N. Yorks
Challnor/Challoner Cheshire/Shropshire. Moore, Mansell: Wellington, Shropshire
Davies/ David, Coity, Glamorgan
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline deb usa

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 01 February 11 12:04 GMT (UK) »
here  :D

..unusual name - Loyzelure

deb
Travellers = Penfold, Orchard, James
Devon = Middleton,  Waterfield, Adams, Clark/e, Gould
Cornwall = Palmer, Carnarton, Slack/Smith. Morris/h
Wales, New Quay = James, Evans

All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 01 February 11 12:07 GMT (UK) »
Have you looked at the landowners returns of 1793 to see if Loyzelure appears
(will need my notes at home to see where you can access these)
Do we know Loyzelures occupation ?
It might be worth you looking for the Unthanks toos as the name is not very common
Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 01 February 11 12:26 GMT (UK) »
I found a marriage of William Unthank in London to Elizabeth Wakelin this would tie in with your time frame but do you have Wakelins? 04.11.1781

Offline angelfish58

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Grandma & Grandad married 23 Aug 1918
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 01 February 11 12:48 GMT (UK) »
Thanks everyone for your replies  :).

Toni, According to the 1807 poll book Loyzelure was a yeoman and I was unaware of the landowners returns of 1793 so that's extremely helpful and the type of thing I was hoping for (I'm a relative newbie).

Re the Unthanks,so far no Wakelins but  one of Thomas's un-named grandaughters could've married a Wakelin so I'll have a look and see what I can find.

Watson, Snowball, Pyburn, Heppell, Ferry, Holmes, Clennett, Kidd, Pescod, Bage Co.Duham & Northumberland
Stockton, Watson, Bage, Nellist N. Yorks
Challnor/Challoner Cheshire/Shropshire. Moore, Mansell: Wellington, Shropshire
Davies/ David, Coity, Glamorgan
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 01 February 11 12:54 GMT (UK) »
does late of London mean he died in London or that he has moved up north from London?

i could find no death in London for William that predates Thomas death (there is one in 1830 with an age of 55)